History Question........ - Page 96
Create Post
Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1765
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Is this just for the poolees, Sgt? I actually graphed this one to figure it out.
    I did the same. Then I went back and ended up with a few conclusions.

Although, all conclude the same, white hat, despite diferences in the formula..

Last edited by SureShot12; 01-19-09 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Addition.

Good, now let the Sgt know how you figured it out.

As for me; I'll be waiting for answers to the trivia posted on prior pages.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Darn it how do I stump you guys!

The blind mans answer is the other two must have hats of red and mine is white instead. Either of them saw one red one white so I must be right. I deduce my hat is white. He was free to go.

The question was posed in a college logic book and that was my answer. Never was told the correct one but I got an A

They could have also looked that one up, Sgt. Integrity is key here.

Still waiting for answers to MY trivia. I made it easy too.

Name two Marines Chesty trained during his first year at Basic School and detail why Marines old and new would recognize these names.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    As for me; I'll be waiting for answers to the trivia posted on prior pages.
    Which trivia questions, remorse ?

Good, now let the Sgt know how you figured it out.
    I'm not going to type all of my conclusions, but I did come up with a RED conclusion, as well.

Go over it again and you'll see that there are more than a few conclusions, I have come up with 7 different conclusions.

As you were, the rest of the questions were answered; we're just waiting for mine then.

Logically speaking there is only one TRUE response to the Sgt's riddle; and that would be the one the Sgt detailed. There is only one condition that would lead to any prisoner being completely certain they were good to go.

In the TRUE scenario for either prison 1 or 2, prisoner 3 wore a red hat. Since there were only two hats that were red and neither prisoner 1 or 2 could be sure this left 3 with one logical conclusion that would make the statement TRUE. Both 1 and 2 were wearing red, leaving 3 with a white hat.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do not think the poolees are participating as much here as they used to. Knowlege is power recruits. Research is a luxory not afforded to older generations except through reading books or the library. It is here now at your fingertips with mouse and keyboard for you to learn if only posed the correct question.

Without trying to high jack this thread I would like it demonstrated how the question would make it all the way to the third prisoner wearing a hat of red. PM it to me.

Poolees carry out the plan of the day and get them questions answered.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The reason I posted a question on logical thought was after reading a thread on some people just do better on test. While taking the asvab ... abcd questions apply your personal knowlege first then deductive logical thought to the ones you are not sure of to come up with what you belive the answer is. Don't rush through it and think about every question. Some will stump the most informed while the same question will be a walk in the park for someone else. There are no trick questions on the ASVAB but there are many that require you to tap into your learning and apply logical thought to arrive at the correct answer.

The asvab score does not mean you are smarter than your peers but can help the military identify the areas you might best fit into the puzzle.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ahhh Hahhh .... a cardinals fan came in to set the record straight. If you all had on white hats and the cardinals fan wore a red hat you would all be scratching your heads wondering what the hell was he thinking. Dammit almost threw in Thailand and NJP again.

I feel that a bunch of poolees are going to disappoint me this week. I posted a simple question.

Name two Marines Chesty trained at the Basic School in his first year there. Explain why Old salts and New boots alike will recognize these Marine Officers.

I know the Marines on this board know the answers; I guess we'll have to keep the PT and the knowledge to ourselves.

I'm sorry we haven't found the answers yet, sir. I've been looking since you posted it, and I've been unable to find anything really solid. The most I've come up with is one possible Marine.

General Lewis William Walt was the first Assistant Commandant to be appointed as a four-star General.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariyta View Post
    I'm sorry we haven't found the answers yet, sir. I've been looking since you posted it, and I've been unable to find anything really solid. The most I've come up with is one possible Marine.

General Lewis William Walt was the first Assistant Commandant to be appointed as a four-star General.
    You win half the PT, looks like I might get work up a bit of a sweat then.

Get me that other answer, ON THE DOUBLE!!!

Get some!

Credits
    Savings

Poolie Trivia

Before we move on, we must police the area...Get on Line! Clean up this outstanding TRIVIA!!

NoRemorse posted:

Name two Marines Chesty trained at the Basic School in his first year there. Explain why Old salts and New boots alike will recognize these Marine Officers.

Mariyta answered 50% of the TRIVIA and earned some fine Marine Corps PT to boot:

Whose got the rest of the answer?? POOLIES - Front and Center!

Corpsmen up! I think this thread needs to be revived.

The CPL and I may have to keep all the PT to ourselves.

CPL Chumley, I would like to thank you very much for your motivation and knowledge. While I was at MCRD it helped me a lot because I knew half the knowledge that they teach you. All the Poolies are stupid if they dont go through this thread before they ship out. Thanks again and to all the other Marines that post on this thread.

Thread Information