History Question........ - Page 55
Create Post
Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Yo JAG1990tn,

If you remember the movie "Twins" w/ Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito, Devito's character said to Arnold something about him looking all bumpy with all the muscles. They were test tube babies/twins/brothers who were genetically the same, but obviously not built the same...

Sorry - I guess I'm showing my age with that bad joke. DOH!!

My old USMC roomie was built like you - at the gym every day and arms bigger than my legs. Since he worked so hard on the overall size of his arms/body, he was real careful not to overdo the cardio in his routine. He would run exactly 20 minutes max ( which was his 3 mile pace ) about 3 times a week so as not to burn too much bulk.

However, as you prepare for boot camp, run as much as possible!!! If you make it through boot - which you should if you remain committed - you may try to regain some mass someday down the road. I beleive that a good combo of mass plus endurance is gonna be best for most of us.

Good luck Bro!
    C

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    Ok, another answer. Shorter than the last post.
    How about Army Nurse Corps?
    I have adjusted myself accordingly. As well as thrashed myself.
    Seriously.I went on the usualy run.Yet instead of 7 miles.I made it hurt a little.Somewhere around 9 miles..Tired, sore, hurt, blistered,,, Feels good.
    As well as the normal workout program.
    ONLY 9 MILES???!!!

You are correct with your answer. Around 1940-1941

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm answering from memory so may not be completely accurate.

The quarterdeck on ship is 1/4 the way down from the flight deck to the waterline. It is highly polished head to toe and has brass accoutrements. The captain XO and 1st mate are the only ones allowed to exit the ship through the quarterdeck. If you get quaterdecked on ship you got to go and work your ass off cleaning, scrubbing and polishing the "Quarterdeck".

Boot camp the quaterdeck is the area in front of the duty hut and is cleaned by a mixture of sweat and the hindquaters of 90 recruits sitting indian style.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Reminds me.
    It is an insult to sailors to refer to a ship as a boat and yet every ship has a COB .... go figure.
    Define COB

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Reminds me.
    It is an insult to sailors to refer to a ship as a boat and yet every ship has a COB .... go figure.
    Define COB
    Sgt Bulkyker - I've always heard just the opposite - that they should be called boats rather than ships??

I've also seen many USMC pilots refer to their helicopters as planes. I was confused the first time I heard it.

Credits
    Savings

Poolie Trivia

After Sgt Bulkyker's COB trivia is answered, maybe a poolie will then tell me who the senior enlisted person in the Navy is - the rank AND the current sailor in this position will suffice.

Afterall, the USMC is a department of the NAVY .... the men's department.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    ONLY 9 MILES???!!!

You are correct with your answer. Around 1940-1941
    Yes, sadly only nine miles.Lol.
    Which is pretty far from where I started. A month ago I was running the IST's 1 1/2, and gasping for air about to throw up.Now I run about one mile with little or no sweat.
    One mile ain't S***,lol
    Anyways. In regards to Chumleys quote.I was bulky.real bulky. But, I have slimmed down alot.I started off lugging all thw weight, and trying to maintain appearence.Then after a while, decided that i may need to lose some of the weight.So I slimmed down to about 155 with little bulk,.and alot of lung power.Everything is coming together well, and is squared away.

I'm answering from memory so may not be completely accurate.

The quarterdeck on ship is 1/4 the way down from the flight deck to the waterline. It is highly polished head to toe and has brass accoutrements. The captain XO and 1st mate are the only ones allowed to exit the ship through the quarterdeck. If you get quaterdecked on ship you got to go and work your ass off cleaning, scrubbing and polishing the "Quarterdeck".

Boot camp the quaterdeck is the area in front of the duty hut and is cleaned by a mixture of sweat and the hindquaters of 90 recruits sitting indian style.
    That area in front of the duty hut in boot camp we called it the classroom where you paid dearly with sweat, quarterdeck wasn't used in our time.

who was the first general officer to be placed under arrest since the Civil War?

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462
    who was the first general officer to be placed under arrest since the Civil War?
    Lieutenant-Colonel Fremont
    Here is a link to my search, this was the earliest date I could find.Other than fiction books and such.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/mexican...hen-kearny.htm

Sorry Jag I said General Officer last time I looked Lite Birds (LtCol)where even under Full Birds (Col) And the war with Mexico was before the Civil War.

Sorry Jag I said General Officer last time I looked Lite Birds (LtCol)where even under Full Birds (Col) And the war with Mexico was before the Civil War.
    My bad. I read that wrong. I thought that said 1874. I have made a mistake. Awaiting orders to be punished accordingly.

ok Jag drop and give me 50 and so you will know
    In 1931, Butler publicly recounted gossip about Benito Mussolini in which the dictator allegedly struck a child with his automobile in a hit-and-run accident. The Italian government protested, and President Hoover, who strongly disliked Butler, forced Secretary of the Navy Adams to court-martial Butler. Butler became the first general officer to be placed under arrest since the Civil War. Butler apologized (to Adams) and the court martial was cancelled with only a reprimand

ok Jag drop and give me 50 and so you will know
    In 1931, Butler publicly recounted gossip about Benito Mussolini in which the dictator allegedly struck a child with his automobile in a hit-and-run accident. The Italian government protested, and President Hoover, who strongly disliked Butler, forced Secretary of the Navy Adams to court-martial Butler. Butler became the first general officer to be placed under arrest since the Civil War. Butler apologized (to Adams) and the court martial was cancelled with only a reprimand
    Affimative. 50, Done.
    Thanks for the insight. Next time I will pay better attention to detail.

Credits
    Savings

Who knows????

Reminds me.
    Define COB
    After Sgt Bulkyker's COB trivia is answered, maybe a poolie will then tell me who the senior enlisted person in the Navy is - the rank AND the current sailor in this position will suffice.

These aren't too tough...Who's gonna step up and provide Sgt Bulkyker and I some gratification??

Thread Information