History Question........ - Page 91
Create Post
Page 91 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1765
    Operation Just Cause was the US invasion of Panama. It started on 20 December 1989. The objectives were to: protect US lives and key sites and facilities, capture and deliver Noriega to competent authority, neutrilize PDF forces, neutrilize PDF command and control, support establishment of a US recognized government in Panama, and restructure the PDF. On 3 January 1990, Noriega surrendered to US forces. Cpl Garreth Issak was the fist American casualty in Panama.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceCriminal View Post
    I have a question myself, it is not "history" exactly unless you take into account that the Marine Corps has a history of amazing drill.

If there are two Marines standing back to back, name one drill movement to get them on line in formation.

100 push-ups for a correct answer!

Fall In!

Couldnt you use Center Face as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Couldnt you use Center Face as well?

No because they are standing back to back and you want them on line. He was right the only one that works is fall in. I have asked that question 100 times and Chumley was the only to get it right haha.

Good job That Aint It. How about some 12 oz. curls instead of push-ups?

ok gents

here is my newest contribution to the questioning here

who was BGen Fertig and what did he do that was so important with the Corps?
    what is the "Crotch"

50 Marine Corps push ups for corect answers and a 5 mile log run

Sounds good to me Lance Criminal.

Credits
    Savings
    No because they are standing back to back and you want them on line. He was right the only one that works is fall in. I have asked that question 100 times and Chumley was the only to get it right haha.

ALLRIGHT!! This is the first time I heard this one. Nice! I racked my brain for about 20 minutes - Fall in seemed like a trick question/answer but I couldn't come up with another. I expected an obscure answer.

One ice cold Labatts coming up.

SFi
    C

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why in the hell were they standing back to back in the first place? Getting ready for a pistol dual? Center face is some kind of funky Navy ceremonial drill command and is not in the drill manual for Marines.

Poolees and wannabes lets return to Sgt Fredsters question and find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
    ok gents

here is my newest contribution to the questioning here

who was BGen Fertig and what did he do that was so important with the Corps?
    what is the "Crotch"

50 Marine Corps push ups for corect answers and a 5 mile log run

just a reminder on what my question was about

guess i dont get an answer

Okay Sergeant, I'll bite. If these are correct tho, it will be about 13 weeks before I find out and therefore may owe you quite a bit of PT depending on the interest rate.

Wendell Fertig was an American civil cngineer in the Philippines at the beginning of World War II. He was direct commisioned into the Army Corps of Engineers and achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel by April of 1942. When the Philippines were surrendered to the Japanese in May of 1942, Fertig created a group of guerrilla fighters made up of escaped POWs, soldiers who refused to surrender, Filipino natives, and rival guerrillas. Fertig then promoted himself to Brigadier General so that the Filipinos would have no problems following him into battle. Over the next two years he let raids on the Japanese Occuping Force and later his forces participated in the Battle of Mindanao, which effectively ended organized Japanese resistance in the region. He later helped found the Army Special Warfare School in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

"The Crotch" (Vietnam era I think) - A miserable situation or place, often used to describe the Marine Corps; Also see- "The Suck" (which would be the newer version)

Well I'll be back in January to see how I did. Thanks for all the knowledge Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by mdlangley View Post
    Okay Sergeant, I'll bite. If these are correct tho, it will be about 13 weeks before I find out and therefore may owe you quite a bit of PT depending on the interest rate.

Wendell Fertig was an American civil cngineer in the Philippines at the beginning of World War II. He was direct commisioned into the Army Corps of Engineers and achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel by April of 1942. When the Philippines were surrendered to the Japanese in May of 1942, Fertig created a group of guerrilla fighters made up of escaped POWs, soldiers who refused to surrender, Filipino natives, and rival guerrillas. Fertig then promoted himself to Brigadier General so that the Filipinos would have no problems following him into battle. Over the next two years he let raids on the Japanese Occuping Force and later his forces participated in the Battle of Mindanao, which effectively ended organized Japanese resistance in the region. He later helped found the Army Special Warfare School in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

"The Crotch" (Vietnam era I think) - A miserable situation or place, often used to describe the Marine Corps; Also see- "The Suck" (which would be the newer version)

Well I'll be back in January to see how I did. Thanks for all the knowledge Marines.

Welll Done pontential Marine big gold star for you and that little gem might help you in the camp

What are 2 times it is acceptable to go outside in uniform without a cover on in garrison in the Marine Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    What are 2 times it is acceptable to go outside in uniform without a cover on in garrison in the Marine Corps?
    I believe one is in the courtyard of the Pentagon. Not entirely sure about that though.

I don't know the answer to the last question. However, I leave for boot camp tomorrow and I would like to thank the Marines that have posted on this post and shared so much info and helped me with my PT. I will see you in 3 months with my own Trivia. Thanks!!

Thread Information