Any Marines familiar with Camp Lejeune
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Marines familiar with Camp Lejeune

What other than the once a month trip to Wilmington, Greenville, or weekly trips to Topsail Beach or Emerald Isle, is there to do around here? I'm under 21 so I can't drink.

Really, any ideas would help.

Thanks

Thanks, but that wasn't to helpful. I was looking for specific things to do.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Funnnnnnnnnnnn-timeeeeeeeeeeee

GO TOO ONSLOW BEACH AND CATCH A WAVE,OR SEE THAT BIG WATERTOWER AT CAMP GEIGER;CLIMB IT AND DO PULLUP'S OFF THE TOP RAIL

Been to the beach. Not to the water tower at Geiger yet, I'll have to check it out. Where abouts is it?

"What other than the once a month trip to Wilmington, Greenville, or weekly trips to Topsail Beach or Emerald Isle, is there to do around here?"

Aaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha. You've already done all there is. Might as well check out Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach. Aside from that, there isn't much.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Like I said before,,, Take up fishing,, you can go with a lot of older salts who do it for a lot of fun. Of course,,,, Beer included.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    L/CPL.K IN THE EVENING OF MY MEMORIES,IT WAS STRAIGHT UP

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Like I said before,,, Take up fishing,, you can go with a lot of older salts who do it for a lot of fun. Of course,,,, Beer included.
    You betcha, night clubs and malls caint hold a candle to the simple pleasures of the "Redneck Yacht Club"

Katazman ,

A long time ago (1967 ) used to hunt on Camp Lejuene . Excellent dove hunting particularly . Check with special services .

SF ,

Olscout

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Get to Myrtle Beach, SC

Been there. It's way to far away to make a trip there any more often than once every few months.

We went to Greenville just about every weekend... except for the once a month or so we went to Myrtle Beach or to Atlanta on just about every 96. You have to drive a little, but it isn't that bad. You could be in 29 Palms where just about every thing is 3 hours away. Wilmington is really pretty close.

We used to hunt and fish a lot. Rent a boat from Specials Services, I believe it's the Cape Fear River, isn't that far away or just go to one of the
    piers and fish off of that. Just watch out for snakes if you go to the river.
    Or you could play golf there used to be two courses on base. Watch out for snakes if you hit in the woods. Watch out for Colonels if you hit in one of thier back yards. One of the finest azz chewwings I ever got was for trying to get it back in play from a full birds well manicured yard.

Take up bowling...

Thread Information