Best Advice For Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Advice For Bootcamp

Keep your head up, Back Straight, Shoulders rolled back, and your mouth shut.

Also its yes sir, no sir, and ey ey sir.

When asked a question--answer what is required and nothing more than what is asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater
    Keep your head up, Back Straight, Shoulders rolled back, and your mouth shut.

Also its yes sir, no sir, and ey ey sir.

When asked a question--answer what is required and nothing more than what is asked.
    Actually, its "Aye sir." The Navy says "Aye Aye."

Aye Aye Sir

Well, I won't argue with you, but when I went though bootcamp--I was corrected with "Aye Aye Sir". One never knows though...bootcamp constantly undergoes some changes, and some changes only pertain to a specific company.

Well, for the both of you, it's, "Aye aye, sir." In the Corps, however (aside from bootcamp), you say the aye aye so fast it sounds like a single, "Aye," or you just say, "Aye," I suppose.

However, technically we do say Aye Aye. We are a department of the Navy, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater
    Well, I won't argue with you, but when I went though bootcamp--I was corrected with "Aye Aye Sir". One never knows though...bootcamp constantly undergoes some changes, and some changes only pertain to a specific company.
    Yea, I was at MEPS wondering the samething if it was "aye aye" or just "aye" and we were corrected to just say a single "aye."

We were told that "yes, we are a Department of the Navy and used to say Aye Aye, but that it was changed to a single Aye."

at PI i never heard anything but "Aye, Sir". Though i've heard on the west coast, it can vary..

It is all about the speed. It sounded as if we were saying "aye sir" but we were taught to say aye aye.

volunteer for everything...sure your gonna get screwed 90 percent of the time but it gives the drill instructor a good impression of yourself, even if it doesn't seem like they appreciate it.

Aye Aye is technically correct no matter who tells you otherwise. It is short for "I understand, I will comply."

This is great. What was the most hardest thing about boot camp? How would you get kicked out of boot camp? Also, I can at least do 30 push ups. How many push ups would you have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by irizavrima
    volunteer for everything...sure your gonna get screwed 90 percent of the time but it gives the drill instructor a good impression of yourself, even if it doesn't seem like they appreciate it.
    I disagree with this haha. I was a squad leader, so I was voluntold, but I still NEVER volunteered. "GIVE ME FIVE RECRUITS RIGHT NOW"

I'd sit perfectly still.

Why?

"OH, YOU WANNA MOVE SLOW COMING UP HERE? TAKE YOUR BLOUSE OFF RIGHT NOW"

Or, "Give me 10 Marines for my black-ops team!"

"AYE SIR"

"Black Ops team 1, you 5. Black ops team 2, you 5.

Black ops team 1, go with Drill Instructor SSgt Zieba to the Pit, RIGHT NOW!"

AYE SIR!!

Okay, this thread fell apart....

How about some REAL advice for incoming recruits?

TAPE YOUR TRASH TOGETHER. That's right, first opportunity you get, use "recruit tape" to tape up everything you won't immediately be using. As in, cammie rolls, extra ink-sticks and lead-sticks, sharpies, clothes you won't need to wear for a few days, etc. Tape it all together and stand by for Foot Locker Games. You may get in trouble for this, you may not. My SDI taught us this trick after a while, so it's worth a shot. An extra hygene bag makes for a great place to store extra smaller items.

Eat salad and fruit. You *will* get sick, but the more you prepare your body with good food, the less trouble you'll have. Stay off the deserts. Just don't take them. You can still get fatter in Boot Camp. It is possible. PT on your square away time. First time you lace up your boots, do it right, as in: left over right when you look down, or right over left when you look at the boots from the front.

And finally, get used to drinking a half-gallon of water at a time. You won't have to do it often, but you may as well get used to it.

Not all the tricks, but that should get you started.

Yes, it is true we are a department of the Navy. Just like any department store, there is a men's department and a women's department.

We are the men's department

Buy ziplock baggies at the recruit px and baggie the stuff in your footlocker, it helps. Also the welcome aboard package the booklet in it, READ IT! It does help big time!

Also keep your chin high, and that EGA in your sight and never give up!

Thread Information