The Crucible - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Crucible

I do not think that at all. The title is worn regardless of our opinion. I am just speaking out of turn. I cannot speak for Marines and I would not even try. I am a Submarine vet. I have spent 3 years of my life actually submerged (over 8 deterrent patrols) so I believe I am qualified to understand and speak bull sh$#. I apologize if it seemed that I was retaliating to you. I just had a problem with those cadences and hearing alot of talk lately about how lax things seem to be. I personally had a problem with my son asking me to send him magazines during Boot. But it is not my place to judge. I have to rely on the fact that the D.I.'s are doing everything they can to prepare him for the sand pit. Geez, can you tell I have been driving for 12 hours? lol..... Did any of what I just typed make sense?

I just cant wait to see my son tomorrow morning. I enjoy the posts on this site. I am proud to have a son that is a Marine. Hopefully he will be a good one.

When both my sons went to SD i was the same way MarinedadKY i was dang proud and i am still dang proud even tho both are out of the service now. And i want you to tell your son that there are alot of Men and Women that are dang proud of your son for what he is doing and that he is about to join a brotherhood that will never ever leave him behind we will always be here for him.. Semper Fi Orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    Well i know i shouldnt say this because its going to stir up some of the brothers but back in the Old Corps there was no Crucible.. You was one bad man when the end of boot camp was near, and we didnt need no Crucible.. Yelp what such fond Memories 3miles in the Morning and 3 Miles at night and seeing someone being Knockout at least once a day because he cranked the DI the wrong way.. OMG and talk about the blanket parties.. One thing about it back then every body got there share of equal time with Drill Instructors weather you needed it or not.. Yes fond memories...
    Cowboy, unless your 782 gear had a spear and shield included, you weren't in the "old Corps"!! ROTFLMFAO

Ed

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marine dad, Swabbie. I must honor and congradulate you,,,,, With all my respect. if you are not my brother,,,,, I am not sure why not.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Didn't have a crucible,,, I believe it was called Elliots Beach.

1969 graduated went to ITR San Onfre and on to Vietnam never, had a Crucible just jungle war fare training and that was it that i recall..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm definitely a boot to HRS but was in pre-crucible. The powers that be said one day that all new Marines are going through the crucible so now so shall we. Had a day long ceremony and got a pretty little red card.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My son starts the Crucible next week... I can't wait for the phone call home.

Credits
    Savings
    my son is getting ready to start the crucible next week. he is just about done with his training, and graduates on Dec7th. i can't wait to see him, i miss him so much. i just got a letter from him and he said that the tear gas training was the single most hardest thing he has faced since the start of bootcamp. he says that remind him to tell me the story of not letting the DI help out with your face mask LMAO!!!! he just got done with some of his field training, and said that he did a 100 meter crawl under razor wire and he and his equipment got cut up a bit. he says it was awesome and would do it 100 times more. he just missed out on being a sharpshooter by a few points. he is ****ed cuz he can not re take the test for a year. he wanted sharp shooter so bad.

in every letter i get, i can see my son changing. he was always a good kid, but now he is a great man.......i am so proud of him!

Quote Originally Posted by MarineDadKY
    Things change.... They probably dont sing cadences about shooting up school children and sniping a baby out of a mothers arms either (posted in another forum on here). Make them any less tough? I think not.
    for Poolee functions we do, mostly how Napalm sticks to babies and old ladies though.

Credits
    Savings
    I remember when my son micky was in boot he was super concerned about the Crucible but afterwards he said it wasn't as terrible as he had imagined. but really not many things are i guess. miclash1 your son graduated yesterday. how was it? i din't get to go to my sons graduation. the company i work for blacks out october for vacations so i missed it. micky says the ceremony was boring as heck .... but from a parents perspective its gotta be awesome. whts better high school graduation or boot graduation?

did he make it?

I remember having to sleep with my spear (serial number 35)!!!!!!! HE HE HE

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    heck yeah he made it. and he did it well. he told me how there was a moment when he had his gear plus a couple piece to lighten others loads so no one would 'fall out'. i guess when he got to a landing spot he was just wiped out....he's like....i'm not afraid to admit it mom but i dropped my pack and literally cried from the strain and relief that his group DID NOT have anyone fall out and that was so important to him and he made it happen. Pretty good story when he tells it.

Credits
    Savings
    my son made it.........

he is a MARINE. the graduation was awesome. it is hard to say what was better (high school or boot ). there was a time i didn't think he would ever make it thru school. but had no doubts that he would make it thru boot. i would say i was more proud the past couple o days. it was absolutley amazing. i have been to other boot grads ( ie: army and navy ), but this was the best. they were right on time , crisp and clean, and every step was perfect..... i'll try to post pics if you all want. thanks for asking, and i will alk to you all soon.

Thread Information