The Crucible
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Crucible

The Crucible

Today at 0200 my son started the Crucible! I am excited for him. I cannot wait until Sunday to get the first call from a new Marine!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDadKY
    Today at 0200 my son started the Crucible! I am excited for him. I cannot wait until Sunday to get the first call from a new Marine!
    i wish him luck ( well he really doesn't need luck cuz he is a mean, lean, marine )... but i am sure he will do well.

my son just started basic on monday sept 10...... i can't wait untill my son gets to the point where your is...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Them Drill Instructors are just refining some of the lessons you taught him KY Dad. Honor Courage and Commitment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Welcome Aboard!!!

You are both in for the most emotionally proudest day in your sons lives. You will not believe the difference in their demeanor. You will be very proud yourselves. Welcome aboard and enjoy your new prospective family they will help you with your questions and help you maintain your sanity.

Jim

Deadly Delta!

Is he Lead or Follow Series?

He is in Plt 1076, Follow Series.

Credits
    Savings

1 October

My son leaves for boot in two weeks. Although his mother and I are feeling the pinch, he acts like each day is Christmas. I have never seen him so happy. This is something he has wanted to do for years. I know he will be fine. Thanks for all of the information out there. Great family to enter.

Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like there's a Graduation coming soon!! How's it all going?

Credits
    Savings
    This infromation is very helpful. My son begins boot on 1 October.

That Crucible is a walk in the Park just ask SSgt Nelson he did it with his eyes closed..

Tom, you should know, you followed in his footsteps lmao

Well i know i shouldnt say this because its going to stir up some of the brothers but back in the Old Corps there was no Crucible.. You was one bad man when the end of boot camp was near, and we didnt need no Crucible.. Yelp what such fond Memories 3miles in the Morning and 3 Miles at night and seeing someone being Knockout at least once a day because he cranked the DI the wrong way.. OMG and talk about the blanket parties.. One thing about it back then every body got there share of equal time with Drill Instructors weather you needed it or not.. Yes fond memories...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    Well i know i shouldnt say this because its going to stir up some of the brothers but back in the Old Corps there was no Crucible.. You was one bad man when the end of boot camp was near, and we didnt need no Crucible.. Yelp what such fond Memories 3miles in the Morning and 3 Miles at night and seeing someone being Knockout at least once a day because he cranked the DI the wrong way.. OMG and talk about the blanket parties.. One thing about it back then every body got there share of equal time with Drill Instructors weather you needed it or not.. Yes fond memories...
    Cowboy, you said it well. Many of us don't understand this Crucible business. I still can't get over the bit of Marines out of Boot and having leave. Hells Bells, they're even posting.

We went straight to ITR at Pendleton, then took leave, and then, for me, onward to MCAF LTA Tustin.

Things change.... They probably dont sing cadences about shooting up school children and sniping a baby out of a mothers arms either (posted in another forum on here). Make them any less tough? I think not.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDadKY
    Things change.... They probably dont sing cadences about shooting up school children and sniping a baby out of a mothers arms either (posted in another forum on here). Make them any less tough? I think not.
    Do not in any way think that I was disrespecting you or your Son. Times have changed, and hopefully for the best.

As far as the cadences go, those are new ones on me.

Thread Information