The Crucible
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: The Crucible

  1. #1

    The Crucible

    Today at 0200 my son started the Crucible! I am excited for him. I cannot wait until Sunday to get the first call from a new Marine!


  2. #2
    Marine Family Free Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    niverville
    Posts
    19
    Credits
    10,003
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDadKY
    Today at 0200 my son started the Crucible! I am excited for him. I cannot wait until Sunday to get the first call from a new Marine!
    i wish him luck ( well he really doesn't need luck cuz he is a mean, lean, marine )... but i am sure he will do well.

    my son just started basic on monday sept 10...... i can't wait untill my son gets to the point where your is...


  3. #3
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Them Drill Instructors are just refining some of the lessons you taught him KY Dad. Honor Courage and Commitment.


  4. #4
    Platoon Leader Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Newark, CA
    Posts
    4,912
    Credits
    13,240
    Savings
    0
    Images
    57


    Welcome Aboard!!!

    You are both in for the most emotionally proudest day in your sons lives. You will not believe the difference in their demeanor. You will be very proud yourselves. Welcome aboard and enjoy your new prospective family they will help you with your questions and help you maintain your sanity.

    Jim


    No better friend/No worse enemy


  5. #5
    Deadly Delta!

    Is he Lead or Follow Series?


  6. #6
    He is in Plt 1076, Follow Series.


  7. #7
    Marine Free Member Eddie Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Annandale, VA (DC area)
    Posts
    29
    Credits
    10,002
    Savings
    0
    Sounds like there's a Graduation coming soon!! How's it all going?


  8. #8
    Marine Family Free Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dripping Springs
    Posts
    33
    Credits
    10,016
    Savings
    0
    This infromation is very helpful. My son begins boot on 1 October.


  9. #9
    That Crucible is a walk in the Park just ask SSgt Nelson he did it with his eyes closed..


  10. #10
    Tom, you should know, you followed in his footsteps lmao


  11. #11
    Well i know i shouldnt say this because its going to stir up some of the brothers but back in the Old Corps there was no Crucible.. You was one bad man when the end of boot camp was near, and we didnt need no Crucible.. Yelp what such fond Memories 3miles in the Morning and 3 Miles at night and seeing someone being Knockout at least once a day because he cranked the DI the wrong way.. OMG and talk about the blanket parties.. One thing about it back then every body got there share of equal time with Drill Instructors weather you needed it or not.. Yes fond memories...


  12. #12
    Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    25 38' N, 54 26' E
    Posts
    5,777
    Credits
    8,941
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    Well i know i shouldnt say this because its going to stir up some of the brothers but back in the Old Corps there was no Crucible.. You was one bad man when the end of boot camp was near, and we didnt need no Crucible.. Yelp what such fond Memories 3miles in the Morning and 3 Miles at night and seeing someone being Knockout at least once a day because he cranked the DI the wrong way.. OMG and talk about the blanket parties.. One thing about it back then every body got there share of equal time with Drill Instructors weather you needed it or not.. Yes fond memories...
    Cowboy, you said it well. Many of us don't understand this Crucible business. I still can't get over the bit of Marines out of Boot and having leave. Hells Bells, they're even posting.

    We went straight to ITR at Pendleton, then took leave, and then, for me, onward to MCAF LTA Tustin.

    Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!





  13. #13
    Things change.... They probably dont sing cadences about shooting up school children and sniping a baby out of a mothers arms either (posted in another forum on here). Make them any less tough? I think not.


  14. #14
    Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    25 38' N, 54 26' E
    Posts
    5,777
    Credits
    8,941
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDadKY
    Things change.... They probably dont sing cadences about shooting up school children and sniping a baby out of a mothers arms either (posted in another forum on here). Make them any less tough? I think not.
    Do not in any way think that I was disrespecting you or your Son. Times have changed, and hopefully for the best.

    As far as the cadences go, those are new ones on me.

    Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!





  15. #15
    I do not think that at all. The title is worn regardless of our opinion. I am just speaking out of turn. I cannot speak for Marines and I would not even try. I am a Submarine vet. I have spent 3 years of my life actually submerged (over 8 deterrent patrols) so I believe I am qualified to understand and speak bull sh$#. I apologize if it seemed that I was retaliating to you. I just had a problem with those cadences and hearing alot of talk lately about how lax things seem to be. I personally had a problem with my son asking me to send him magazines during Boot. But it is not my place to judge. I have to rely on the fact that the D.I.'s are doing everything they can to prepare him for the sand pit. Geez, can you tell I have been driving for 12 hours? lol..... Did any of what I just typed make sense?

    I just cant wait to see my son tomorrow morning. I enjoy the posts on this site. I am proud to have a son that is a Marine. Hopefully he will be a good one.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts