Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I wish I could be there tommorow.

I wish we could be there in D.C. on saturady to help the Gathering of Eagles defend the streets in D.C. against the group A.N.W.S.E.R. and code pink.
    These are groups that are defunked Commies.
    We however will be in D.C. the 16 thru the 19 with the Families United group that is a group of Gold Star Families and Blue Star Families defending our sons and daughters in D.C. on the hill talking to the ones that are so willing to cut & run.
    We hope even if in vain to make our voices heard and make them listen to the families of the ones that are paying the price for the FREEDOMS we have.

My prayers are with you.

Vietnam Memorial Defaced

Has anyone, other than me, had trouble checking out
    the sites, listed by Ellie??? No such page, etc..
    Just wondering, sounds kinda fishy to me..Semper
    Fi.....

Bob

There is no way for me to express the rage I feel at this desecration of something sacred to me.
    Skillets, Fist, Jim I'm with you brothers.

Dave

Tis a sad situation. I watched the construction of that particular monument and was present at the opening ceremony's and I can tell you there were not too many dry eyes present. The damaged panels will be replaced and if the culprits are caught I am sure they will be taught respect (by someone other than the so-called justice system). We have to keep in mind that there is a very small minority of these idiots amongst the populaton and it is way past time to start thinning the herd.

Semper Fi

I would say that just about sums it up.

I also remember Walter Cronkite. I also remember a friend of mine who went to Vietnam having to stay inside his parents house because of death threats when he got back from Vietnam.

I've heard veteran after veteran tell me about how they were treated when they got home. I've heard veterans tell me how their drinking stops the nightmares of what they saw. I hear veterans tell me that they couldn't get jobs when they returned because they were Vietnam Veterans. I work for the VA, and sometimes all I can do is provide a listening ear. I see the frustration in their faces. I hear the numerous stories of losing friends in combat, only to come home and be spit on, and called names by the so called people that wanted them home.

Well, it seems like someone just spit on them again. I don't buy it, that this was a cleaning accident. I'm also one that feels saddened and P.O'd. Right now, I'm trying to pursue a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology to help these veterans with PTSD. Some people say I may be looking for someone to blame for what happened. No, I'm not looking for someone to blame. I'm looking for a way to serve those that served.

Whether or not anyone agrees with the war in Iraq, that's their choice. However, how many of these protesters look veterans eye to eye and see the disappointment in their eyes. Do they see the men and women who were called killer for doing their job, whether it was infantry or supply and logistics?

If this was a cleaning accident; why were surveilance tapes turned over to the D.C. police? If this was a cleaning accident why wasn't a news statement issued? Why was the National Park Service silent, saying the matter was under investigation?

As a veteran and someone who works directly with veterans, I can say this goes to show one thing; history repeats itself. However, this time, I'm hoping that this problem gets taken care of. Each one of the names on that wall is not just a name. It's someone's friend, father, husband, sister, wife, etc. It's a piece of someone's heart.

Whether the person was liberal, conservative, a teenager or a person with a mental illness, this is something in my opinion that could have been prevented.

These are a few of my thoughts:

I'm more than a name;
    on the Vietnam Wall.
    I was someone's brother or sister;
    their husband, their wife; their love, their all.

I once had hopes and dreams;
    I wanted to have a family,
    a house with a picket fence.
    I died in a far away land;
    So you could have those things in my place.

I once had fears;
    I worried about the one's I left behind.
    They called me a mindless killer;
    with thoughts of my future running through my mind.

I was the kid you went to school with;
    I was your college roommate.
    I received my draft notice;
    I went because that was how I was raised.

I went to Vietnam;
    I did what I was asked to do.
    My friends came home and were spat on;
    by those that said they cared.

I died in the rice paddies and jungles;
    I guess you could say I was spared.
    I didn't have to deal with nightmares;
    and being called a killer.
    I did not know PTSD; or the frustration of getting adequate treatment
    at the VA.

Many years later;
    my name was put upon the Wall.
    My friends began to heal;
    and felt they could stand tall.

Some cruel heart decides to act out;
    and deface the Vietnam Wall.
    Names are erased.

Yet despite this action;
    the undisputed gall.
    You can't erase what I stood for;
    for what I gave my all.

My brothers and sisters will fight for me;
    they will once again stand tall.
    And restore the sacredness;
    of the Vietnam Wall.

Semper Fi,

Jahhead88.

ellie's links all have a comma behind them...If you take the link (minus the comma) and paste it to your address bar the links will work..

Semper Fi....

Update: Fox news did a story on this.

Jahhead88

Thread Information