Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Navy memorial Defaced, however not damaged

A Pink Teara was placed on the head of the statute of a Sailor.

Looks like something the Squids do in their Shellback ceromonies when crossing the Equator

Compliments of CODE PINK - or is that CODE PINKO

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1894292/posts

Semper Fi,
    Bob Neener

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    Jet.

It is very good to hear you say that.
    Marine, I am a Marine. I just happen to be against the war in Iraq. If I could catch those idiots I'd drag a them few miles down the road to Quantico for some old time Marine Corps Drilling.

I am sure that the Marines there would welcome them heartily

Credits
    Savings

I saw this coming

I just knew it was a matter of time to something like this would happen. I would like to say that this is just an isolated incident, but I think not. Remember the protests at military funerals? The Wall is a special place, I have been there 4 times and each time it toughes a spot in my heart I can not explain in words. The Vietnam Vets have gone through enough of these kind of protests when they were in, they don't need anymore. The people that did this have gone after the wrong group of Vets. As Vets from all eras
    will now stand together, the line has now been placed in the sand, enough is enough.

Bruce
    http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com

Vietnam Veterans had a much different homecoming than did our previous war Veterans and we, the Vietnam Veterans are not going to all that to happen to our present day war veterans.

This is precisely why we are, and will be a voice at every peace demonstration, until the last Veteran returns home.

What happened at the wall this week still isn’t clear.

it’s still in the cleanup process and this leads me to believe that it was more than light oil, however the Park Department will no longer discuss the issue because of their “Ongoing Investigation” which also leads me to believe that this despicable act was much more than an accident.

I suspect that everyone is sitting on this story until after the anti war protest march, scheduled for this Saturday, which makes sense only if the act was actually vandalism.

Semper Fi
    Bob Neener
    Vietnam 1965-1966

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool We Don't Fucen Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT OTHER ERA' OF VETERAN'S BUILT THEIR OWN MEMORIAL? UNCLE SAMMY DIDN'T DO JACK-CHIT FOR US,SO WE AS BROTHERS BANDED TOGETHER AND SAID FUC YOU WE WILL BUILD OUR OWN.NOW OUR SON'S AND BROTHERS ARE OFF IN A FAR OFF LAND DOING WHAT IS RIGHT,AND WE THE VIETNAM VETERAN WILL NEVER LET ANY MUTHA FUCER;TRY AND PULL THE SAME CHICKEN CHIT,CRAP HAPPEN TOO ANY VETERAN OF ANY WAR AS LONG AS WE ARE STILL ALIVE!!!THEY REALLY ARE FUCING WITH THE WRONG MEN. SEMPER~FIDELIS

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    WE THE VIETNAM VETERAN WILL NEVER LET ANY MUTHA FUCER;TRY AND PULL THE SAME CHICKEN CHIT,CRAP HAPPEN TOO ANY VETERAN OF ANY WAR AS LONG AS WE ARE STILL ALIVE!!!THEY REALLY ARE FUCING WITH THE WRONG MEN. SEMPER~FIDELIS
    You got that right man,

Semper Fi Bro

Bob Out
    and Alcohol still doesn't work - 3 days now and I can't sleep, it's like being on watch in the boonies, 1 hour on and 2 hours off, it's getting real old

Eagles Landing
    by Col. George "Bud" Day (more by this author)
    Posted 09/14/2007 ET

On September 15, in a scene that America’s enemies are hoping mimics similar events in the 60s and 70s, a coalition of anti-American amateur anarchists will descend on the nation’s capital attempting to convince the US Congress to surrender in the War on Terror.

They won’t know even know to whom they’d like us to surrender, nor what the terms of such a travesty might be. But their ilk didn’t care in the 70s and the new crowd doesn’t care now.

But this time, also flocking to the Capitol with a far greater sense of purpose, direction and duty, will be the Eagles: America’s veterans and pro-troop patriots. Just as they did on March 17, the Eagles again will deflect the hatred hurled at our military, the attempts to deface our memorials, and the political efforts to bully a shaky Congress into giving away the successes that have been earned through more than two centuries of democracy.
    When the so-called Vietnam anti-war “movement” gained momentum, (and, as it turned out, was only an anti-American war), it succeeded in convincing Congress to abandon South Vietnam, just as South Vietnam was showing that it was well on its way to military and political stability. The resultant chaos cost the lives of millions of civilians who fell to the savagery of the communist onslaught.

Even though the phony peace movement was directly responsible for setting the stage for this holocaust, the blame was conveniently shifted by useful idiots in the media and Congress to the American military, which had performed magnificently despite a media blackout of our successes that was broken only by braying criticism of the military.
    Those who claimed they stood for peace, John Kerry, Jane Fonda, Henry Kissinger, Ted Kennedy, John Murtha, stood by silently, feigning ignorance or non-involvement as the communist death squads tortured and murdered babies, the elderly, teachers, civil servants, police, college professors, and day workers by the millions in southeast Asia.
    This could not have happened without help. The anti-American forces were aided and abetted by a media that was, and still is, a disgrace to the concept of First Amendment rights to freedom of the press.

The media, starting with Walter Cronkite who blatantly lied to America after our forces won an overwhelmingly victory against the communists in the Tet Offensive of 1968, was more than complicit in falsely portraying America’s military as incompetent on one hand or murderous thugs on theother. Cronkite was only the most visible media co-conspirator. But the rest of the American media trotted alongside like lemmings, just as the modern media is doing today.

Meanwhile mindless strumpets like Jane Fonda who had spent the 1960s touring college campuses touting the false promise of worldwide communism were allowed to cavort in enemy country with impunity, striving to negatively impact troop morale, wreaking havoc with American prisoners of war, and delivering political victory to an enemy that had been devastated on the battlefield.

In the end, Southeast Asia was lost, millions died, hundreds of American POWs known to be alive and held by the communists in Laos, were abandoned, and America’s standing in the world took a hit that was so disastrous we still are feeling its effects to this day.
    The outcome does not have to be the same as it was three decades ago. As America fights against Islamic terrorists and the nations that support them, we dare not allow the anti-American creeps who pass themselves off as “anti-war” to win. In Vietnam we lost a war and millions died, but the war didn’t come back to America. This one will, so we have to win it here, in Congress and in the media, so our forces can win it abroad.
    Tomorrow, September 15 , the “ANSWER” group -- funded by the usual left-wingers, arrives in Washington to stage demonstrations including a “die-in” in which -- without the permission of the families of our war dead -- they will pretend to die while holding signs and placards labeling themselves with names of our combat dead. And it will go on from there. But unlike 1971, this time they will not be coming to town alone.

When they arrive in DC, these phonies will again face massed pro-troop Americans who will gather as Eagles did so successfully on March 17, and again we will show that those who would tear down and destroy America are but a flock of haters, a mere whisper in a wind tunnel, compared to the tornado of the Eagles.

Groups bringing pro-troop patriots to DC on Sept. 15 including Eagles Landing; Move America Forward which is hosting a nationwide caravan of families and supporters starting in California on Labor Day, Sept. 3, and arriving in DC on the 15th; Military Order of the Purple Heart; Gathering of Eagles; Free Republic; and Vets For Freedom; among many others.

But for all the efforts of these fine organizations, the true test of America’s willpower, its dedication to our shared values and principles, and its willingness to take the War on Terror to the terrorists, lies with mainstream Americans. America’s veterans, our true warriors, not phonies who doctor their service records and award themselves medals for non-existent acts of valor, will stand tall, as they always do.

If Congress is to bend to the will of the people, which our Constitution says it must, then the will of the people must be shown, loudly and clearly, and most importantly, in person. This must be accomplished by the participation of mainstream America, because we all have a stake in this -- our lives, and continuing freedom for future generations. Come to Washington. Join us.

Ellie

DC Gathering Has Higher Purpose
    by Col. Harry G. Riley (more by this author)
    Posted 09/14/2007 ET

The arrangements are nearly complete: the word is out and the streets of Washington, D.C. will be lined with patriots Saturday, protecting our monuments from further defacement, supporting our troops, and demanding victory, not surrender, in the War on Terror.

There will be anti-troop forces there to be sure, but they will NOT own the streets. The anarchist supporting group ANSWER is working to further embarrass our country by filling the streets with brainless protesters who want to overthrow our government and destroy our way of life.

But, as we did last March, there will be a visible, vocal and effective counter-presence on the streets too. We will be there to remind our unspeakably uninformed members of Congress who probably don’t even realize how badly they embarrassed themselves during questioning of Gen. David Petraeus earlier this week, that the majority of Americans support the troops and understand that there is no alternative to victory in this war.

Groups bringing pro-troop patriots to DC on Sept. 15 including Eagles Landing – www.Eaglesup.us; Move America Forward which is hosting an wildly successful nationwide caravan of families and supporters that will be in DC for the events on the 15th – www.moveamericaforward.org; Military Order of the Purple Heart – www.purpleheart.org; Gathering of Eagles – www.gatheringofeagles.org; Free Republic – www.freerepublic.com; and Vets For Freedom – www.vetsforfreedom.org; among many others.

These organizations and the millions of Americans who support their positions are showing that the majority of us are dedicated to the values and principles espoused by our founding fathers, not the destruction of our country. We want to take the War on Terror right to the terrorists’ doorsteps and eliminate their threat to us, and to the world in general.

We understand that the impetus for opposing the lies and misinformation used by ANSWER and its amen chorus in Congress rests on America’s veterans: after all, we are the ones who have always been there when our country is in peril. We will stand tall, we always do, but as in March we will be joined by legions of supporters from all facets of the American experience.

We have a message to send to Congress. We want these jokers to know that they may have to bootlick the left-wing extremists who rule their party if they want to continue to be nominated to retain their jobs, but the final word rests with the American voters and we are not happy with them.

Obviously, many Senators and Congressmen have forgotten or choose to ignore the basic truth of our Constitution, that this country represents government BY and FOR THE PEOPLE, not some self-anointed new aristocracy. Our Constitution is quite clear in outlining how our country works, but many in Congress, as evidenced by their reprehensible behavior earlier this week have shown that they believe they are above the Constitution, and obviously above mainstream Americans.

This, coupled with the reprehensible defacement of the Vietnam War Memorial last week, represents irrefutable proof that the left-wing crazies are out of control and engaged in a frenzy of destruction. Their behavior shows without doubt that the rest of us must stand up and we must stand up now.

We have to make it clear that we will never again allow our military to win all the battles only to have politicians sabotage their sacrifices and victories. We can never again stand idly by as mainstream America did in the 70s and sentence allies who trusted and believed in us to torture, death and enslavement as occurred in Southeast Asia.

We must make it clear that there is no possibility for surrender in this war, because to do so means we will be the ones tortured, killed or enslaved. There will be no haven for members of Congress if they continue on this path to self-destruction.

There will be no cavalry to ride in at the last minute and save them even as millions of mainstream Americans are sacrificed. Members of Congress must understand that if they continue on the course they advocate, this time they will be among the first to face arrest and execution, just as they sentenced millions to arrest and execution in the 70s.

The conduct of many in Congress this week shows that they are horribly out of touch with mainstream America and totally in denial about the nature of the enemy our troops are fighting. Thus, on Saturday, we must stand tall, all of us, because all of us will exult in victory, or suffer horribly in defeat.

Ellie

Darn right. You don't rile up a bunch of Marines and not expect a fight.

Oohrah. I hope they prosecute who did this to the fullest extent of the law. There's no excuse for what was done. And if Cindy Sheehan was behind this, cripes that just shows how pathetic she is. I'm amazed at the stupidity of these liberal idiots.

Jane Fonda, was dumbfounded when she couldn't see any of her products on Marine bases.

If I understand liberal logic; or the lack thereof. I can call you names, deface what you hold sacred, and I'm exercise free speech. However, if you disagree with me, your a closed minded bigot, and if you dare deface what I hold sacred, I'm calling the police.

Let me know what I can do to help this effort, whether it's a fund raiser to repair the wall, making a donation. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines for this one.

Sounds like a thump call is in order.

You're right, it could have been a punk kid whose parents are avoiding responsibility. However, thanks to the liberal establishment. This kid may have been suffering from a low self esteem, and was doing what he was doing to get his mothers attention for a lack of love.

I don't know if it was someone from a liberal extremist group or some kid thinking he was a hard a**. What I do know is that whoever did this, has stirred up a hornet's nest, and I'm one of the hornets. The wall has to be protected.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It looks like those anti-war protesters will be met by Veterans with short fuses. Will our Crew be covering the Iwo Jima Memorial also?

A Korean and a World War Two Memorial vandalized? That's a double ouch for me, my dad fought in World War Two with the 1090th Engineering Battalion. My grandfather was in the Army in the Pacific Theatre, and my late uncle survived a kamikaze attack during the battle of Okinawa.

People need to start writing their congressman or senators and put enough pressure on people to get something done. Maybe, I'm delusional but there's no excuse for this. The thing of it is though, if you vandalize anything belonging to the criminal trash that commits these acts, they're all ready to fight.

Jahhead88

Damaged Vietnam Memorial Has Park Service Walking on Eggshells
    by Ronald Winter (more by this author)
    Posted 09/14/2007 ET
    Updated 09/14/2007 ET

Last Friday evening an oily substance that has proved extremely difficult to remove was splattered along an approximately 60 foot section of the wall, defacing panels bearing the names of the deceased as well as ornamental stones along the base. Mainstream media coverage has been sparse.

Veterans immediately attributed the defacement to anti-war groups that have threatened the memorial in past months, have defaced monuments and memorials nationwide, and are gathering in Washington this weekend to protest the War on Terror.

The outrage in the veteran community is palpable. In apparent fear of vets’ reaction, some who sympathize with the anti-war group ANSWER (which is coordinating this weekend’s protests) have issued bogus news releases stating that there was no damage to The Wall. This led some veterans to speculate that ANSWER is hoping to convince veterans to avoid Washington this weekend.

Nonetheless, the Park Service has stopped short of labeling the incident as vandalism.

“The United States Park Police is investigating the matter. Until this investigation is completed, it is premature to speculate whether any intentional act was committed,” is the official statement.

Bill Line, NPS Communications & Tourism Officer for the National Capital Region adds that although crews have been working since Saturday to remove the substance, they don’t even know what it is, much less who splattered it on the memorial.

But one thing is certain. Despite the claims that were later retracted when discrepancies were noted, the incident most certainly does NOT appear to have been caused by an accidental spill of cleaning fluid by a park ranger. Park rangers are not involved in cleaning or maintenance of the memorial, Line confirmed.

The Park Service is hopeful, but not certain, that when the material is finally removed it will not have left any permanent damage.

Line says The Wall is constantly monitored by video cameras, and the tapes are being reviewed for evidence. He adds that the Park Service legally can’t claim vandalism or terrorism without all the facts at hand, thus it is proceeding cautiously.

When we veterans went to DC in March to confront ANSWER and its radical affiliates head on, neither the mainstream media nor the top conservative talk shows made note of our vigil.

Even after a huge showing of veterans and supporters that far outnumbered the ANSWER forces, the conservative talk circuit was nearly mum. The primary exceptions were Melanie Morgan, chairman of Move America Forward (and co-host of the morning drive time show on KSFO in San Francisco) and national columnist Michelle Malkin who participated in and filmed the March Gathering of Eagles vigil.

Many vets speculated that the media near-blackout was caused by a lack of trust and confidence in us by the very people who are supposed to be our staunchest supporters. Fearing an outbreak of violence for which we, and thus they, would be blamed, they were silent.

But no violence occurred in March, and we showed we were more than equal to the ANSWER forces, which were arrested in droves as a result of physical confrontations with police.

Malkin and Morgan again are at the forefront and providing steady coverage of Gathering of Eagles III. Morgan’s Move America Forward again is hosting a nationwide caravan that will arrive in DC to join the Gathering of Eagles Saturday, and which is experiencing an outpouring of support from mainstream Americans as it crosses the country.

“The crowds and especially the passion of those along the route have been exceptional,” Morgan said. “People have opened their hearts to the message that our troops are winning."

Vets are justifiably outraged over the defacement of the Vietnam Memorial and concerned that other memorials will be in for similar treatment by ANSWER this weekend. But to consider that we will automatically resort to the violence we eschewed in March is to be grossly uninformed about our capabilities and our beliefs.

The surest way to prevent further vandalism to our memorials is to expose the deeds of those who defaced the Vietnam Memorial. Ignoring such incidents will only insure that further acts of desecration will follow.

Line declined to say whether the National Park Service is taking any extra precautions to protect the war memorials this weekend, noting the ANSWER protests are scheduled to take place between the White House and the Capitol several blocks away.

That may be a consideration. On the other hand, we should also consider that there were no protests planned in D.C., on the night of Sept. 7 when someone slipped up to the Vietnam Memorial unnoticed and spread a caustic fluid along 60 feet of its panels, disparaging the service and memories of those who died in that war.

And even if the Park Service is ultimately successful in cleaning the surface of the memorial, it is unlikely that the substance which has seeped into the unpolished surfaces of the wall will ever be totally removed, much as yet another scar on the hearts of more than two million Vietnam veterans will ever fully heal.
    Ronald Winter is the author of "Masters of the Art, A Fighting Marine's Memoir of Vietnam." (Random House) As a Marine helicopter machine gunner in Vietnam he flew 300 missions and was awarded 15 Air Medals among other decorations. He is a professor of communications at the University of Hartford, and a political strategy and media relations specialist at the Michael J. London & Associates public relations firm in Trumbull, Connecticut.

Ellie

Thread Information