Reporting In
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reporting In

Reporting In

Hello everyone, my name is Charles Santy and I am a Poolee in the DEP. I signed up a few weeks ago at the middle to end of August, and I now have the time to get myself squared away on this site and become an active member. I am 18 years old, and working away in college to get all the credits for my Associate's degree before I head off to Boot Camp(is that one word or two?). At the moment I don't have any MOS and I have a General Enlistment Open Contract, but this is so that I can study to take the DLAB and become a Linguist. Fortunately for me, my recruiter has managed to finagle it so that I can take the test locally and I have plenty of time to prepare myself for it. At this time my ship date is 20080107, but that will probably change once I get my MOS figured out.

For PT/IST scores, I think on my record I have:

Pull Ups: 13
    Crunches: 82
    1.5 Mile Run Time: 13:14

I took my IST about three or four weeks ago, and at our last Poolee PT session I did 15 Pull Ups, so, I just need to keep training hard. My run time is not so good, but it has finally cooled down where I live, so I can run outside and up and down hills now. Plus, I only started running in June, so I'm happy I was able to pass, that's what I spent the summer working on.

Thus far, this site has answered many questions for me and given me much great information to prepare me for my life in Boot Camp and then the Marine Corps.

Congrats and welcome aboard

My ship date is 20070107 too.

Are you going to P.I. or S.D?

I live in Nevada, so I'll be going to San Diego when my time comes.

Welcome aboard! I also ship out on 20080107. I'll be going to MCRDSD. Glad to have ya hear, tons and tons of very useful information on here.

Just to make sure we are saying the same thing, it's year, month, then date right? So when we write 20080107, we are saying January 7th 2008, correct?

That would be correct.

Welcome aboard.

Jared, come to PT today. I'm back in town and all finished moving so I'll be back today.

Kyle, hey I sent you a PM on the whole PT thing for the day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OMG---two of them from San Jose-----sheeee what will they do to us next?

Welcome aboard Poolee and ask away, we are here to help you.

At least it is two from San Jose and not from another city over here in the bay area, Cpl. LOL

Actually Cpl., There are at least three from San Jose, but only two from the same RSS.

Cpl.- Do you know if Woody has gotten any of the letters I have sent out? I've only gotten one letter from him.

I've sent him a couple, too. He's probably pretty busy. ; )

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Actually, Woody said he isn't getting much mail. I guess you can figure if he has time to write me a seven page letter, he isn't getting many letters to answer. He said to keep em coming and he'l answer them as he gets them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Actually, Woody said he isn't getting much mail. I guess you can figure if he has time to write me a seven page letter, he isn't getting many letters to answer. He said to keep em coming and he'll answer them as he gets them.

Thread Information