Marines DEP
Create Post

Thread: Marines DEP

Marines DEP

I was hoping that some of the poolees have done this.Just enlisted on 20073008 and my first poolee meeting is on 20071509. I just wanted to know what is it like how it will be. For the first time Im kind of nervous

If you mean your monthly Pool function, I think it may vary from office to office on what you do, last month we all went paintballing, this month we're all going to be out hiking, maybe you might be doing something different, or you might be staying more locally depending on your recruiters.

At my office and in the 4 weeks that I've been around (our next Pool function is on the 15th as well), we seem to be doing a little more extraordinary stuff than just hanging out at the office since a good number of us come in every Wednesday in person anyways to do PT. It is sort of like us working real hard on the Wednesdays to prepare ourselves physically, with the Pool function being a sort of reward that we've earned. But from what I've seen you'll be incorporating some sort of lesson into the pool function, whether it be leadership training, weapons handling (as was last function), or just randomly asking you to memorize General Order so and so.

Again, it seems your mileage will vary, but don't be nervous, at our office all of us poolees have a very close bond with one another since we see here other in person once a week and we're all suffering through the same PT regimen. Heck, before I got DEPd in, I was invited to come to the first pool function (paintball) and I already hit it off with a lot of the guys (and the few gals there) and now we're like the best of buds and brothers until the end.

It all depends on your RSS. Usually its like your weekly PT plus. Go and find out, there is nothing to be nervous about. I've never walked away from a Poolee function with anything less then a whole lot of motivation and knowing that I just took another step towards bettering myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125
    I've never walked away from a Poolee function with anything less then a whole lot of motivation and knowing that I just took another step towards bettering myself.
    100% agree with that. Just plan on some PT. Everyone else was in your shoes at one point. Have fun.

Yea, i was kinda nervous at first too. Most of the time its just kinda kickin it. Its alright i guess. Are u from Richmond california? haha cause then you probably go to the exact same office i go to and i know you. You other guys only do PT on wednesdays!?!! maaaaaan we do it every da for like 4 hours, luckky

well kid your best bet is to put it this way.....if you realy WANT to be a Marine then you'll get over your slight nervousness and look forward to it each time ya new things can cause enrvousness but theres nothing to be afraid of just go into it with open opinion and what not and just enjoy yoru time

No Im from Virginia but my recruiting office is in Lynchburg

Thread Information