Infantry
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infantry

Infantry

Alright, yet another MOS question but this one deals specifically with infantry. Which infantry job sees the most action and has the greatest chances for job advancement? Right now I'm leaning toward assaultman. I'm trying to get a security Forces contract but have to wait for a slot to open up. I'd really like to go Recon but I'm not getting my hopes up, but ill continue to work toward it

If you'll read you'll see that there is no way to gauge the rate at which you'll be promoted. It depends totally on what the needs of the Corps are when you are eligible for promotion. As for action- if you're infantry you'll see plenty. 0311 is what the Marine Corps is all about. If you aren't a rifleman your only mission in life is to support them in their mission. As an assaultman, that is what you are doing- helping the 0311s. As a machinegunner, tow gunner, mortarman, or anything else- you exist only to help the 0311s accomplish their mission. So, how you want to help them- or if you want to be one of them.

Any job in the 03 field see's alot of action and advancement it all depends what you want to do in the 03 field. Do you want to play with the big guns and be a gunner for a gun truck or do you want to clear buildings. what ever job you do in the infantry just know your stuff because you can be a boot that knows alot and a jr lcpl and be a team leader over the lcpl that dont know crap. thats what happened to me when i was a jr lcpl i knew my trash and got the job over the senior lcpl's. I was an 0311 that saw alot of action then switched to an 0331. i love both jobs we are the back bone for the corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yea,,, The backbone is connected to the headbone... And all us bones. Good luck Marine.

PS-- I believe you make your own advances. Wherever you're at, Just keep your s**t together, and ready to travel.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yea,,, The backbone is connected to the headbone... And all us bones. Good luck.

PS-- I believe you make your own advances. Wherever you're at, Just keep your s**t together, and ready to travel.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    IYAOYAS!

Swing with the Wing Baby! The way I see it, grunts take care of the jobs that I wouldn't want and THEY'RE good at anyway, I had no problem taking care of a job THEY didn't want and I was BETTER at anyway................that's how the Big Green Machine works. The ONE thing that we ALL can do is SHOOT (although it was a crap shoot with some of us).

It doesn't really matter what you do - even Cooks have a purpose - Grunts LOVE food!

A Security Forces Contract will lower you chances of getting some action. Unless you are going reserves, your contract will say 0300. Your MOS will be decided at SOI. I recomend going for 0311. I am an 11 and after you learn how to be a rifleman you will start cross training with the other infantry MOS's.

Hope for 0331, then pray for a spot in a CAAT platoon.

CAAT= Combined Anti-Armor Team

CAAT would be my choice as well. I was a radio operator with some TOW bubbas in the reserves. We had a great time, and you have a very small chance of having to man-pack your gear!

well...if you want action stay away from security forces....lol...other then that go 03 and all you can do is hoped you get what ya wsant wether its 0311 0313 0321(try out that is) 0331 0341 0351 and 0352......the only one youll have a great chance of gettin if you request 0311

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    IYAOYAS!

Swing with the Wing Baby! The way I see it, grunts take care of the jobs that I wouldn't want and THEY'RE good at anyway, I had no problem taking care of a job THEY didn't want and I was BETTER at anyway................that's how the Big Green Machine works. The ONE thing that we ALL can do is SHOOT (although it was a crap shoot with some of us).

It doesn't really matter what you do - even Cooks have a purpose - Grunts LOVE food!
    Actually, my original recruiter is a cook..and he's over in the giant sandbox right now

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    well...if you want action stay away from security forces....lol...other then that go 03 and all you can do is hoped you get what ya wsant wether its 0311 0313 0321(try out that is) 0331 0341 0351 and 0352......the only one youll have a great chance of gettin if you request 0311
    And actually, they tried talking me into a Security Forces contract by saying I'd see a ton of action...guess they were wrong on that one..good thing I didn't listen huh? And I do plan on trying out for 0321, I've been working toward a 1st class PFT and all that other bs for over 2yrs now, I know it's slim to none that I'll actually get it, but you never know till you try right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Costello
    Actually, my original recruiter is a cook..and he's over in the giant sandbox right now
    my point exactly...........................and, if he ain't cookin', he's shootin'. They don't just take the Grunts, you know. You ship out a bunch of Grunts, ALLLLLLLLLLLL the a$$holes that it takes to support one - from the Cook to the Mechanic that has to work on trucks that keep the Grunts moving - have to go too.

0341 and 0352 consistantly have the lowest cutting scores. The future of the 0351 MOS is indoubt. There are rumors that it will no longer exist.

Id say 0311 and 0331 have a very slight higher chance of seeing action than the rest.

0321 is a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Costello
    And actually, they tried talking me into a Security Forces contract by saying I'd see a ton of action...guess they were wrong on that one..good thing I didn't listen huh? And I do plan on trying out for 0321, I've been working toward a 1st class PFT and all that other bs for over 2yrs now, I know it's slim to none that I'll actually get it, but you never know till you try right?
    You've been "working toward" a first class PFT?

bro, you better be working "toward" a 300 !!

If you're under a 225, don't even think about it. You'll have a hard enough time at boot camp, let alone BRC.

However -
    Keep running and keep lifting weights and aim high. Don't aim for the first class. If you want to be a Reconnaisance Marine you need to aim for a 300.

Thread Information