Question for my Mom - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User Free Member Avatar0fCha0s's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    7 days huh Soon2B, I bet your spending a while lot more time with your friends and family then you normally do. I wish I could go with you but I have to graduate first. Hey 03 I leave on June 16th to, cool huh? who knows we might end up in the same platoon. And isnt the saying, Pain is temporary, Glory is forever?

Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yea im leaving soon....and yes my friends mean so much to me.....they are basically all i have.....My family, they only care if i die....Today i wrecked my parents brand new 03 Dodge Dokato....right in front of the recruiting station...dont laugh at me but i was looking for a parking spot and not looking in front of me and ran right into a freakin light pole...omg...My family already knows how to make me feel like crap so this is just worse....i accept the fact that i should of be watching, i accepted the fact that i was basically ****ed, and i didnt mind paying for it....but still my mom gets there and is all nice to me in front of my recruitors, then once we leave she starts *****ing and says....The only thing you have done better than your brother is apply yourself in school.....thats ok i guess...but i have always tried to do good in my life...and my lil bro is 14 and is a pothead, and my older bro is a drug dealor.....and they know...but im always gettin crap...so the moral of this story is 7 days isnt soon enough...also....im trying to suck it up.....but can i can some motivation please?

Brian

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    7 days, bro. Don't let it get you down. I'm having a time of it myself these 7 days I have left, but I keep telling myself that it'll all be a memory in 7 short days. Don't even sweat it.

Credits
    Savings
    Yea my dad and my girl friend and hopefully the man upstairs along with my Grandfather and Uncle, beleive i can get threw this...every1 else they every doubt me or can care less...its sux bc most of those people are family that thiink i cant....but yea i need to suck it up...cuase the DIs are going to be tough...so im prolly going to use the hell i have been through to help me out in boot....haha..maybe it will make it a lil easier considering i have never been babied my whole life or pampered like momma's boys....lol...

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You goin to San Diego Avatar0fCha0s

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey soon2b, you've got a new family here, and all of us think you can make it, so don't let em get you down.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks guy and ladies.....Yea i can do this! I know i can, I know their will be times ill wanna quit, but their will never be a time where i will quit...OOH-RAH....

Credits
    Savings
    Brian I will be with you there in spirit. Everytime you do pushups and run just think that I'm getting gonna be doing it in a few months. Every pushup I do and everytime I run I will be thinking of what you are going through. Oorah Brian
    Matt

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Soon2B,

I guarantee, you will "quit". The Drill Instructor's job is to demand more than you ever thought you had. He will not rest until you "quit".

Pushups? You may have just exceeded your personal best, he will still demand "MORE", "One more for the Corps!" Give it to him, and he will demand another, and another, until your face rests in the mud. You finally "quit".

World records are set by "quitters". "That's it, that's as far as I can go. I tried three times more, and I missed each time. I quit, (for now)."

There are two types of quitting. One is to quit, and walk away. The other is to quit, back off, regroup, and jump right back into it with both feet.

I don't think you will ever walk away. But you WILL quit. Look forward to it, because it means you have given more than you ever thought you had. And next time, you will have even more.

I quit on 22. I quit on 40. I quit on 65. I quit on 85. I quit on 110, and then I left MCRD behind me.

I'd be willing to bet, that not one of the kids who passed through the Poolee Forum here, washed out. There is a virus that is catching here, an amulet, or Dumbo's Feather. Whatever it is, IT WORKS.

You're gone, and I wish I was going with you. Not for me to help you, but for YOU to help ME. At my age, I need all the help I can get.

Not luck, because you create your own. But I wish the best of everything for you.

I may be on an ego trip, but it will take more than ONE to replace ME.

I would like to add YOU to the list.

Don't EVER let yourself down! You wouldn't like living with the consequences.

It's times like this that I feel like a caged pet duck, looking up and watching the flights migrating to the south.

Come back, and spit in the doubter's eyes.

Credits
    Savings
    Well you will never see me quit, pack my ****, and walk away Sir......

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Anyone leaving June 9th

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Engineers!!!

Thread Information