Question for my Mom - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You better not fail. If you do I will tell your mom everything you said. I wish I was going with ya Brian.

Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Matt.....bro....all i know.....is that ever since i enlisted i was told this is a brotherhood...no matter who you know or whatver, Marines take care of Marines....were not Marines yet bro...but you have proved it to me as well as every1 else on this site....your my bro....i wont let you down as well as myself...i will meet you one day...and we will be best bros one day....and im not lying....

SemperFi

Credits
    Savings
    Heck yeah. This site is really full of alot of comradre. Just think (when your at bootcamp) all the people back here that will be cheering for you. We will meet up one day!!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    sounds like another generation of brothers and sister's are rising to the challenge. Right here, on Leathernet.com, each of you are begining to understand the closness Marines can feel towards one another.

Several months ago, while parked in downtown Victoria B.C. and renting a bike for my boyfriend to ride (brought my own), a woman approached me. She asked me if the vechicle with the "women Marine" bumper sticker was mine. Of course it was. She introduced herself and her friends. We spoke for nearly 45 minutes about our experiences and what it meant to have earned the title, "Marine." Of course, my boyfriend and her friends never got a word in at all. A special closeness. Not very often I encounter many other Women Marines. It's like a holliday when I do. And where of all places...Canada! On an island no less!

Who here has memorized their 11 General Orders? Can you say them backward? 11 to 1 ???

semper fi,
    jchristin

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Backward, forward, all mixed up, in pig latin...I'll say 'em however you want 'em...

Credits
    Savings
    LOL.....im still working out memorizing them without looking at a word or too...cuase i know im going to freeze once i have a DI screaming in my face.....but somehow i will find my will to succeed and becoming the best Marine that i can be....OOOOH-RAAH!!

Credits
    Savings
    I got them down Mam

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    sounds like Jen has arrived safe and sound at Parris Island. She is now begining to realize and wake-up to the realities of Marine Corps life. When she returns to these boards, she will be a different person. She will understand what Honor, Courage, and Committment mean. She will fully understand what, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" means to her. She will be reborn.

So, tonight, in your prayers please ask who ever you pray to, that Jen will be granted the strength and courage to continue with her journey as she edges closer to earning that sought after title, United States Marine.

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    Mam.......that oregon live site is an interesting sight isn't it? No respect for you Marines. I will also make sure she is in my prayers. Black Friday is coming up

Credits
    Savings
    Count Down begins...April 7th i leave so April 7th doesent count as waiting to leave....so that would make it 7 day until i leave....im starting another cycle of the Marine diet so i will feel a little lighter once i get to boot, and im going to keep doin 3 mile runs, pullup pyramids, and situps everyday until i saturday.....i cant wait.....exited and scared a lil...but im fine....

OOOH-RAAH

Credits
    Savings
    Oh you will lose wait in bootcamp Brian............yes you will!!

Credits
    Savings
    Yea i will....I talked to a DI this past week, and He said people lose wait fast in the first 2 weeks....He said that was basically the forming weeks to break you down physically and mentally but build you up at the same time....i think he said people have lost 7 to 20 pounds the first 2 weeks.....my friend got out of boot and lost 40 pounds.....hes a badass now.....and if he can do it, i know i can....OOOH-RAAH!

Credits
    Savings
    Just never give up. No matter how hard it is the pain always goes away!!!!!!!! I refuse to quit, especially after the rally today when Jchristin brought me in front of everyone and said I was joining the Marines. 2months until bootcamp!!

Credits
    Savings
    Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!

Credits
    Savings
    True that. ALso pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Thread Information