Not yet officially a Poolee
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not yet officially a Poolee

But I did my 1st PT yesterday :]

I'm not in the least bit of shape what so ever, and I'm in pure agony right now, considering I haven't ever worked out properly ever in my life. But still completely motived.

My flex arm hang time was 13 seconds, and I was told I could have done a little longer, but I didn't tuck in my elbows and I went down too quick, forgetting that my time isn't logged until I acutally fall into a dead hang.

I was pretty dead after warm-up alone, and didn't even make it half way thru the running. I threw up, almost passed out and couldn't breathe. Then after the Recruiter decided to give us an example of what being quarter decked is like. Oh soo fun. /sigh. And I recieved the nickname of 'Freak' by the LCpl. I'm thinking it's maybe the piercings and hair? Haha.

I can't officially DEP in for another 94 days, when I turn 17 [yes I'm down to counting days] but I'm so happy I got to join in on PTing with the other Poolees, because now I'm hoping I'm acutally up to par when I get to MEPS and get DEPed in.

Tuesday I'm ordered back to the station to see my recruiter.
    And I'm on a mission to get a few of my friends to join.

Stay Motivated and welcome to the boards!

And I'm motivated like you wouldn't believe!

I noticed you said you threw up...

Besides being caused by pushing your body more then before, I'll just give you some advice some of my fellow Poolees at my RSS forgot... Don't eat before PT, and don't drink too much water (but definitely stay hydrated).

Search the boards for some good excercises you can do on your own so you can progress yourself faster!

Oh and for god sakes don't eat peanut butter. I was able to keep it down, but that stuff is heavy in your stomach, especially when running.

Mike

Hahah, I acutally didn't eat before I left, because I thought about throwing up and I'd rather it be all liquids then half digested food. But yeah I chugged my water at one point when I couldn't breathe and about 10 minutes later it all came back up.

Small sips, start hydrating a few days before PT. You won't have to drink as much because your body won't tell you its thirsty (which if you feel thirsty right when you start PT, there is a very good chances you are NOT hydrated enough). If your mouth dries out instead of drinking alot of water because you think you are thirsty, take a small amount and swish it around in your mouth and spit it out.

Welcome aboard.

Heed the advice that KBS is giving you. I remember my first PT test. Only passed the crunches and that was it. Stayed motivated and DEP'ed in.

Hahah wow KBS thanks alot!

And thank you HurricaneRJ for the welcome.

No problem!

We are all here to help eachother out and keep the motivation up, so if you've got any questions *search the forums*, and if you still can't find your answer ask away.

Um...what's a flexed arm hang?

Just playing. Welcome to the boards and keep motivated.

My 2 cents. When I see a girl that can do more pullups than some of the boys, she earns my respect tremendously. As well as everyone else (except for the jealous ones she beat).

Be sure to work towards and BEYOND your 100% for your flexed arm hang (70 seconds, if I'm correct?) but work on them pullups too. When I see a female get 14 or more pullups it motivates the **** out of me!

Hey Michele, as for your fitness, you gotta start somewhere young lady. The important thing is to keep at it, make it routine, or part of your daily life.

Remember one of our famous sayings, "Pain is weakness leaving the body". Or I like, "pain is good, extreme pain is extremely good", hahahh

LeonardLawrence, thank you.

Haffner, I'm definitly aiming for some pull ups for sure. I still have until next Julyish to work on everything, so I'm optimistic.

Jetdoc, you scared the crap out of me when you said my name, haha. I usually don't hear that and I had forgotten I had my real name in my profile.
    And thank you as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome aboard - we need more women around here. All of this testosterone gets to be a little too much sometimes (but, I love 'em all!).

Stay motivated and stick with it. That Title is worth every drop of sweat and everything you throw up to get to it.

Thread Information