MEPS Before Boot Camp
Create Post
    brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member

MEPS Before Boot Camp

The day before I leave for boot camp I have to go back to MEPS for my physical. Is it the same physical that I took before? Also, do I have to take another physical while in boot camp? Nothing has happened since I first enlisted at MEPS but I just want to make sure I'm all set. I've hurt almost every part of my body while playing football and just want to make sure no old football injuries would hold me back. Thanks for any help

When you return to MEPS they will give you another physical (maybe not as thorough as your 1st) and you will
    be checked again when you arrive on Parris Island.

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for your reply. The only problem I had with my first physical was I had too much earwax so they had to get it out. Other than that I'm 100% and just wanted to make sure I'm all set. Like I said, I've had no problems since enlisting, only previous football injuries.

Just today my recruiter was explaining this to someone shipping next week. He said that at MEPS they just make sure nothing has changed since your first visit and if it had you can be cleared for it.

MEPS before you leave is just to make sure you have everything in order. READ YOUR CONTRACT OVER!!!! MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT. About 1 hour before I was supposed to ship I was talking with the Gunny Liasion and I said something about how I'll be wanting to start up college again in the fall and hes like you are signed up for active duty infantry and I'm like no I'm not, I'm a 92 Day Reservist and we got it all figured out. Looks like I will be a year long reservist starting in about a week. Just make sure you have everything right. If it's not right, do not leave until you get it right. You are in no hurry to do something you dont wanna do for 4 years out of your life. I had to ship that day so I could finish boot camp in time for school but you are going active and it doesn't really matter for you. MAKE SURE ITS WHAT YOU WANT, not their quotas. You are going to get screwed over a few times in the Corps and **** won't happen the way you want it to, so at least make sure this is right (I'm not *****ing by the way or ****ed off or anything).

When you go back to MEPS before bootcamp, do you have to fill out all of that medical paperwork again? The ones asking about asthma, broken bones, etc?

Thread Information