Finally DEPping in! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just got a call from my recruiter that my waiver passed. I am going next Thursday (nov1) unless a kid that is taking the ASVAB up at MEPS right now fails, in which case I go tomorrow AM.

Since I already blew my physical and ASVAB out of the way all I need to do is moral screening(clean) and swear!

Mike

Thanks, I can't wait to get down there (well I can, that place sucks) and just get all my stuff finalized and be good to go.

When I was there there (Hilton the night before, than MEPS the next day) there were 20 poolees about to become recruits. It is amazing how we all instantly got along, even though we didn't all know eachother. The tension on the bus in the AM could be cut with a knife... Same with the MEPS "lounge." I can't wait to be in their shoes, only a few months (well about 7) down the road

Mike

My recruiter called me this AM to go DEP in today... I get to MEPS, go bring my waiver to the doc, and there is a clerical error in the waiver. The waiver did pass but they phrased something wrong... Apparently this happened to three other BUMED poolees today... So now it is expected to be next tuesday.

Mike

Expect delays everywhere you go. The only place your on time is when you head to the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    My recruiter called me this AM to go DEP in today... I get to MEPS, go bring my waiver to the doc, and there is a clerical error in the waiver. The waiver did pass but they phrased something wrong... Apparently this happened to three other BUMED poolees today... So now it is expected to be next tuesday.
    When I was at MEPS they completely misspelled my last name by a mile. This was on every...single...document. It took them forever to correct it, and I was always being asked, "Are you sure this isn't your last name?" Well yeah, fairly sure, since it happens to be the same name I have been using for all of my nearly 22 years of life, unless there's something I don't know about!

First off, my computer died and the parts for my new one don't come until next week so I will be offline for most of that time.

Second, I finally DEPped in today, ship date 20080707. However, I am moving the date to 20080609. 0331 in the SMCR.

Next friday we are getting sworn in again by the Commandant. His son is the CO of our RS (RS, Portsmouth NH). I specifically am in RSS Waltham right outside Boston.

Mike

Anyone know how I change my status from Marine Friend to Poolee? I assume a mod has to do it.

Thanks,

Mike

You can update it yourself.

I forgot how I did mine.

Marine Friend Free Member DEAVILA's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was just thinking about something..When i go to boot..and come back.I'll no longer be a Poolee, But a Marine..So My Leatherneck Name..Shouldn't be Poolee DeAVILA anymore..ANyway I can Change that??...

"SUPERIOR THINKING HAS ALWAYS OVERWHELMED SUPERIOR FORCE"

Marine Friend Free Member DEAVILA's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was just thinking about something..When i go to boot..and come back.I'll no longer be a Poolee, But a Marine..So My Leatherneck Name..Shouldn't be Poolee DeAVILA anymore..ANyway I can Change that??...

"SUPERIOR THINKING HAS ALWAYS OVERWHELMED SUPERIOR FORCE"

Don't Ever Forget, As Long As You Have The Will And Desire To Stay Marine, Success Will Come To You. Speaking From Experience, I Can Promise You This Fact! Stay Motivated!

Thread Information