Marine Recruit Lifestyle
Create Post

Marine Recruit Lifestyle

Hey everyone, Im a poolee from Omaha, Nebraska and im heading for San Diego January 6. Im wondering what life is like in MCRD on a day to day basis. I wanna be the most prepared i can be before shipping and wanna learn a little about the lifestyle before i leave. For example, how much time in the morning do recruits have to shower, brush teeth, ect. Just stuff i can do on a daily basis to get a taste of what it will be like. Thanks

This has been covered numerous times. Use the search function and you will find your answers there.

It's going to be much like summer camp. You will get all the time you need to brush your teeth and shower in the morning........TRUST ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Laz
    For example, how much time in the morning do recruits have to shower, brush teeth, ect.
    None.

You will shower and shave at night. In the beginning we did it "by the numbers" meaning a DI was there telling you what to wash and when you were done. Later, we had one hour in the evening to shower, shave, get our uniforms ready for the next day, and anything else that had to be done.

You don't have a lifestyle. You do what you're told when you're told to do it. Nothing more- nothing less.

Used the search function, found my answers. Sorry for that

lolololol!

Lifestyle?

Brushing your teeth? Well, for me it was either "scrub my fangs" or "scrape my face"...they won't yell at you for having bad breath.

As for showers...in the beginning we only had time to wash the shaving cream off...in the end...we had time to get our whole bodies wet, sometimes we even got to use soap. Those were good days.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    lolololol!

Lifestyle?

Brushing your teeth? Well, for me it was either "scrub my fangs" or "scrape my face"...they won't yell at you for having bad breath.

As for showers...in the beginning we only had time to wash the shaving cream off...in the end...we had time to get our whole bodies wet, sometimes we even got to use soap. Those were good days.
    Hahaha, we had "brush your fangs" and "shave your face" and sometimes with DI Sgt. Faye we had "brush your face" and "shave your fangs" Oh good times...anyways...DI Sgt. Faye would do hygeine inspection and would go by and would get us for "UNSAT BREATH" so you can get yelled at for it and would have to "fix this recruits descrepencies".

Showers....hmmm I'm not too familiar with what those exactly are... I know that we got in this cold water (especially if you were the side that went in second) and were lucky enough to wipe the crud off your face from shaving and maybe get your entire body wet.

The key is mouthwash in mouth, razor to face, and body in the rainroom...you can kill all three with one in your "10 minutes" aka about 4 minutes.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's funny - LOL!

Well there Laz, I see that you're from Omaha...I'll be there over christmas. Used to live in La Vista and my family is still in Omaha. If you want I can sit down with you and I'll go over information with you.

Thread Information