pro/con marks
Create Post

Thread: pro/con marks

pro/con marks

I was just wondering what the average Pro/Con marks out of boot camp are, are they 4.0 or 4.2?

Usually Pros/Cons coming out of boot camp are on the low side. It depends on the DI's.When you get to the fleet, you might have an NCO that gives high pros/cons or you might have an NCO who dont give high remarks. You just have to find out what kind of NCO you have. 4.0-4.2 sounds about right.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Long as it's 4.something, you got nothing to worry about.

So a 4.2 out of boot camp is pretty good?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    anything above a 4.0 is good!

bootcamp

4.3 bootcamp
    ITR-4.2
    BITS-4.5
    RECON sch.-4.5
    hosp guam(of all things) 4.7
    wonder what they were for vietnam-actually it doesnt show.
    i guess i was a great wounded patient at guam-hahaha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    that sounds like my scores for the same thing!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capmarine
    4.3 bootcamp
    ITR-4.2
    BITS-4.5
    RECON sch.-4.5
    hosp guam(of all things) 4.7
    wonder what they were for vietnam-actually it doesnt show.
    i guess i was a great wounded patient at guam-hahaha
    when were you on GUAM? I was there in Feb 70

guam hosp.

was on uss sanctuary,then to guam in april,1971,surgery there,then to memphis naval,millington,tn. till late august 71,home,then retired out of Corps.

The biggest problem with pro/con marks coem with those who randomly assign a number theythink should be right as compared with those who "go by the book".

My pro/cons were fairly high in the 4.7/4.8 range until I headed to a new unit. Despite being there a week and in themiddle of getting them ready for a deployment the Female OIC decided that was enough obersvation to give me 4.2/4.3 marks. When I asked how she could come up with such a low score after only one week of packing gear and getting the shop ready for deployment she said it was in keeping with book whereby she promptly pulled out the book to show me what 4.2/4.3 meant in the book.

Needless to say, these marks are very low when anyone sees them despite what the "book" definition of 4.2/4.3 were. Then again she wasn't the greatest of leaders whose form of showing her superiors she was a good leader by seeing how much she could screw over her troops. I had never seen a Sgt (my shop ncoic) with so many page 11s. Oddly enough he had none before coming to that unit as a Sgt with 4 years prior service.

Just goes to show a bad leader can affect your career in more ways than one.

I got a 4.2/4.2 coming out of bootcamp as well (didn't graduate with billet).

Out of MOS school (MCCESS, notorious for low pro / cons) I just recieved a 4.4/4.6. Since it's the schoolhouse, the 4.4 pro was computer generated. The only way for us at B. Co. to get higher than a 4.4 was to have at least a 285 PFT and a 95% GPA in the class (in which case a 4.5 MAX would be granted). Conduct, of course, is more based upon your character traits. When my Course Coordinator reccomended me for a 4.7, our OIC said, "Is he Jesus Christ reincarnate as a Marine?" of course, my SSgt. said, "Of course not sir," so the OIC said, "I'll allow a 4.6, but I hope you don't plan on trying to get anyone else from the class that score, SSgt."

Complete crap. But oh well, it's better than what I had at boot =p.

Thread Information