New tattoo ban
Create Post

Thread: New tattoo ban

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question New tattoo ban

When I joined the Marine Corps the first time tattoos were not as frowned upon like they are now ( for whatever reason ). I was just wondering if anyone knows the new rule on tattoos? I want to re-enlist but I have some fresh ink on me forearms I didnt have when i was discharged. Will I be able to join and fight for my country or will my tattoos hender me from doing so?

You can fight and die for youre country but you cant get any new tattoos? I understand that sleeves are a little extreme, but a few tats below the elbow is that such a big deal?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ofch4445
    When I joined the Marine Corps the first time tattoos were not as frowned upon like they are now ( for whatever reason ). I was just wondering if anyone knows the new rule on tattoos? I want to re-enlist but I have some fresh ink on me forearms I didnt have when i was discharged. Will I be able to join and fight for my country or will my tattoos hender me from doing so?

You can fight and die for youre country but you cant get any new tattoos? I understand that sleeves are a little extreme, but a few tats below the elbow is that such a big deal?

First of all you listed yourself as a Marine Friend, so how did you join the Marines? As a Marine you should pay attention to detail, your profile is only half filled out, no date of entry in the Corps, or Discharge date, no Rank---nothing pertaining to enlistment in the Corps! Having said that, how would you Re-enlist? As far as the new tat reg, use the search engine and search the threads for that info, it's everywhere right now, look in the Poolee section first.

I suggest you fill out your profile properly, we expect full compliance, read the rules for this site. After you get squared away, ask away, we will try to answer your questions.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My profile should be squared away now. I am a former recruit on Parris Island. I was discharged out of boot for,at the time, unknown pre-existing medical reasons. I have had surjury and am able to return and finish boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for finishing your profile. Now to answer your question, ask your recruiter for an update on the Tattoo reqs. He will be able to tell you if you can get in or not. BTW, you won't be re-enlisting--you will be enlisting! A discharge from Boot Camp means you are not prior service!

Good Luck and God Speed.

Check the HQMCORSEC pages for the new reg,s

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ofch4445
    I understand that sleeves are a little extreme, but a few tats below the elbow is that such a big deal?
    Yes because, depending on what it is, it just flat out looks tacky in uniform. I saw a SGT in Charlies last time I went to a graduation at PI that had sleeves (obviously he's grandfathered in) - the unform looked good but all that ink on his forearms made him look like $h!t in it. Unless things have changed THAT much - the Corps is really big on your looking good and sharp in their uniform. I'm not saying it's "right" but, it's the way it is - adjust to it.

Tattoo a Superman logo on your chest and be done with it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I see nothing wrong with a reasonably sized EGA or a Bulldog tattooed on a Marine's forearm. Sleeves are stupid.

If you absolutely got to have a sleeve, wait until you retire or otherwise get out. I agree with this part of the reg.

Hey, Kim. Do you have a Superwoman logo tattooed on your chest?? I'm sure there were places in Iwakuni that could do it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Hey, Kim. Do you have a Superwoman logo tattooed on your chest??
    Nope but I DO have a copyright on my a$$

Last edited by Marine84; 11-29-08 at 07:55 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Nope but I DO have a copyright on my a$$
    Nice ass. And Copyright too.

ZULU dude you went to Finny. Like boot camp only younger

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, but it wasn't quite as bad when I went as it later became.

It was so bad that the Detroit PD local precinct cops had a betting pool at the beginning of each school year as to when the first shooting would happen there. The pool was broken down into hours for the first week since the vast majority of shootings happened then. Usually someone with a slot in the first three days won.

Nice place to go learn.

Thread Information