What is harder in boot camp...the physical part or the mental aspect of training?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is harder in boot camp...the physical part or the mental aspect of training?

i just want to here what Marines have to say about the hardest part of boot camp...was it the physical stress or the whole mental part of training.?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I really only had one bad time while I was in Boot Camp----from the time I got there until the time I left!

Seriously, it is 10% physical and 90% mental, so the mind games was the hardrest thing.

Due to the fact that you always here it's all mental and not very much physical...It might be true. Yes, like davblay said...10% physical and 90% mental...

How's about this...

ready?

Experience it!

Gotta get ridda that fear of the unknown. Well, they'll do it for you.

SSG Lemley here It's probably 50 50 but if you go with the right mind set
    you will be able to overcome both it's the drills job to keep you on your toes
    both physically and mentally thats what seperates the men from the boys
    and the Marine from the rest. Just accomplish the task at hand and you'll be a mean lean fighting machine Semper FI.

Its 50% mental 50% physical.

If you got ITed as much as I did...

JCam that's true lol. I know I almost lived on that quarterdeck. I even got IT'd when I went in to change for the moto run. Good times good times.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    definitely mental

I was always told OCS is mentally easier than boot camp but physically tougher...I know the PT is a lot tougher, but if you throw in all the hours I got quarterdecked...wouldn't it make the physical aspect comparable?

can I get some input from someone who has been to both??

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The hardest part would be mental....but,the true answer would be your groin muscle after 11 weeks.

It all depends

If you are in top physical condition you will probably see it as a mental thing. It is very tough physically but the mental part is another ball game. For me it was mostly mental as i had no problem with the physical part of the program. It's up to the recruit on how it will be both physically and mental.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    but,the true answer would be your groin muscle after 11 weeks.
    OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Namvet67
    If you are in top physical condition you will probably see it as a mental thing. It is very tough physically but the mental part is another ball game. For me it was mostly mental as i had no problem with the physical part of the program. It's up to the recruit on how it will be both physically and mental.
    I agree SSgt. If you go there in shape, very good shape then that part should be a breeze. But if you go there unhealthy, you are going to get pounded on both fronts. I really think the physical part is easy, you can prepare your body for that prior to. It's all mind over matter.

Its mentally and physically easy, that is unless you're not physically in shape or mentally tough, then it can be difficult.

If you have issues in any of the two above mentioned departments then your friendly Drill Instructors will assist during your 13 week visit to MCRD.

thanks jetdoc that sums it up real good...and thanks to every one else for the good advice.

Thread Information