Question about MOS 0811 Artillery Canoneer
Create Post
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Question about MOS 0811 Artillery Canoneer

    I'm scheduled to ship off Agust 27th... Im suppose to get my license so i can qualify for Communications... Thing is Now im interested in artillery... Does anyone know if I need a license in order to qualify for this job??? Thing is my roadtest is scheduled the day im suppose to ship nd I have been waiting 2 months to ship off due to the fact I failed English nd needed to go to Summer school...

  2. #2
    I would imagine you could be an 0811 without a license, but it is something that would help if you had it. The arty pieces don't get in place by themselves.

  3. #3
    A driver's license? No, you don't need one for Arty.
    Why would you need one for comm?

    E4B, do they really need a state issued driver's license to drive military vehicles (tactical)? I thought the motor pool issued those things after some training and tests.

  4. #4
    When I got mine they didn't. We had to take the California written test and then the road and off-road driving test in the hummer. But, later I know that they were saying you have to have a civy license to get the military license.

    It doesn't make sense other than making it easier on the people teaching you to drive a hummer.

  5. #5
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sparta, Tn
    In 1969 when I enlisted at the age of 17 I had no drivers license from Tennessee or any where else. Yet I was authorized to drive a 1/4 ton (jeep), 2 1/2 ton (6X), 5 ton, plus all heavy equipment we had. They never asked if I had a civilian license, they gave classes and test at the motor pool and equipmet yards.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts