Marines Out To Avenge Blood Of 'executed' Gis
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Marines Out To Avenge Blood Of 'executed' Gis

They have REALLY Fu**ed up now..

March 25, 2003 -- Reporting from a Marine helicopter base in the Kuwaiti desert

THE Marines at this chopper base near the Iraqi border are seething with rage and talking revenge over the treatment of American POWs - paraded on TV and some possibly executed.

"OK, they want to play that way. We can play that way," vowed one enraged pilot.

Marine after Marine had the same message - many of them warning that there would be "no second chances for those Iraqis now."

Virtually every conversation here touched on the POW's treatment and possible executions yesterday. It was discussed on chow lines, in the bomb shelters, outside the latrines.

Robert "Doc" Davenport, a Marine medic trained to both save people and kill them, was among those struggling to digest the appalling news.

"It makes it harder to do my job," he said, explaining he'll now think twice about dressing the wounds of injured Iraqis.

"If we run across one of them and he needs my help, it will be harder for me to do it," he added.

Many Marines on this desert base - affectionately known as "Snakepit" - said they believe they were sent to Iraq not to hurt people, but to free them from Saddam Hussein's ruthless grip.

"We want to help these people and look what they're doing to us," said more than one shocked Marine.

"What we should do is go in there and kill every last soul," growled Sgt. Mike Brady.

"If they realize that we are going to kill them like that, they'll be like 'OK, OK, we surrender,' " said the 28-year-old Texas native.

Brady, who mans the twin 50-caliber machineguns aboard a Sea Stallion chopper, said he'll be much more wary now when he's flying over Iraqi positions.

He'll no longer give enemy soldiers the benefit of the doubt when they start waving white flags.

"I'm going to be a lot quicker to pull that trigger if I think they're up to something," he said.

During an air raid yesterday - when everyone rushed into the bomb shelters with their gas masks and chemical and biological gear - one Marine's muffled swearing was heard above the din.

Repeating the sneering nickname used for Saddam Hussein, he kept saying, " 'So damn' insane, 'so damn' insane. I'm going to come up there myself and kill you."

Of course, not everyone on the base is calling for blood - yet.

Cpl. Joseph Michinki said he's not convinced the executions actually took place.

"They can fake all kinds of things with video," noted Michinki, 21, of Georgia.

"But if that really was Americans being killed, I'd be pretty ****ed," he added.

ya pay back time i am also ****ed the f*** off

Registered User Free Member SSGT Hinson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I agree it is Payback time all right. It has really upset me to see those pictures and not be there to help get the revenge that those fallen deserve. God Bless them and their families during this time of mourning.

Credits
    Savings
    Between this ,and waving white flags,and then opening fire, Itll be a wonder if any prisnors are taken by our side.

It happened before in WW II to the Marines in the pacific.

They had little interest in takeing prisoners after that.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Gonna be a tough call in the field. We got to remember there are still bonifide civilians that WANT our support. That's why were there.

True mrbsox. It's a different engagement.

These atrocities have occurred in several wars, WWII, Korea, Vietnam to name a few.
    The fools committing these atrocities best remember.
    Atrocities only beget more atrocities.
    Also the fools firing while waving a flag of surrender.
    Will place more of their men lives in danger.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Pretense of surrender? Stockpiles of chemical protective gear, and atropine? Execution of Prisoners? Military H.Q. in a hospital with no patients? I say its time to send the reporters to the rear with their cameras and start doing what MARINES do!! So as not to give everyone with a Television Post Traumatic Stress.

Angry

i say they shouldnt take no Prisoners unless they can lock them down tight. hell they want to play that way just shoot them that no the way to do it but i think it better than geting kill

I think the Iraqi's will learn a lesson from our New Testament, "As you sow, so shall you reap." In the vernacular of Vietnam, "Payback is a Mo*********r!!!!"

I think the Iraqi's will learn a lesson from our New Testament, "As you sow, so shall you reap." In the vernacular of Vietnam, "Payback is a Mo*********r!!!!"

digging my grave

I know I am going to get pummeled for this--

I am not a Marine nor military, so I can not possibly fathom the anger, hurt, rage, and need for revenge you are experiencing over the soldiers killed and paraded on tv. That is unconscionable. It is dishonorable and cowardice, just plain evil---NONE of which we as Americans are.

My response is to the comments about seeking revenge on everyone there and the medic saying he would have to think twice about treating an injured Iraqi soldier.

As Americans, and Marines, you are better than that. I know the need for revenge is strong, but to give in to it--especially as a medic, on surrendered soldiers, or on civilians--you become like them, and then they have won. Yes, I know it is easy to for me to say since I am not there. I can't possibly understand. And you may be right. You have to make the final decision when you are in the situation. But I thought the whole premise was that America was better than that, that we aren't like them.

You may also come back with it is dishonorable not to avenge the deaths of the fallen and to fight back on the behalf of the POWs. Yes, seek your revenge on the Battlefield.

To treat POWs the way they have, show them on tv, use civilians as shields, and parade around in uniforms like ours and execute their own people is terroristic and cowardice. They have shown they have no honor, don't let them take yours away from you.

Sorry, I know I have really p***ed alot off here, so let the barage of messages begin.

I do support you all though. God Bless you and SEMPER FI

Re: digging my grave

Originally posted by tiggerifictr2
    I know I am going to get pummeled for this--

I am not a Marine nor military, so I can not possibly fathom the anger, hurt, rage, and need for revenge you are experiencing over the soldiers killed and paraded on tv. That is unconscionable. It is dishonorable and cowardice, just plain evil---NONE of which we as Americans are.

My response is to the comments about seeking revenge on everyone there and the medic saying he would have to think twice about treating an injured Iraqi soldier.

As Americans, and Marines, you are better than that. I know the need for revenge is strong, but to give in to it--especially as a medic, on surrendered soldiers, or on civilians--you become like them, and then they have won. Yes, I know it is easy to for me to say since I am not there. I can't possibly understand. And you may be right. You have to make the final decision when you are in the situation. But I thought the whole premise was that America was better than that, that we aren't like them.

You may also come back with it is dishonorable not to avenge the deaths of the fallen and to fight back on the behalf of the POWs. Yes, seek your revenge on the Battlefield.

To treat POWs the way they have, show them on tv, use civilians as shields, and parade around in uniforms like ours and execute their own people is terroristic and cowardice. They have shown they have no honor, don't let them take yours away from you.

Sorry, I know I have really p***ed alot off here, so let the barage of messages begin.

I do support you all though. God Bless you and SEMPER FI

you know,, I think the soldiers in Camp Pennsylvanis showed great restraint and showed truly how disciplined they are, when they were able to apprehend and guard the soldier who threw the grenades,, I'm sure the first gut reaction would have been to shoot him.......... but they arose above it,,,, God Bless them and all our troops

Registered User Free Member SgtBigK's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Angry tigger........

"I am not a Marine nor military"

Therefore I don't give a s hit what you have to say, p iss off civilian liberal pc slime.

SgtBigK

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Thread Information