son in trouble - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: son in trouble

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good point. When we drank on base at the E-Club or at barracks, we were much safer than out in town. (and the locals were safer too)

There was a shop whose SSgt took his 3rd shift crew out to the beer park at 0 dark thirty. They were fairly quiet and polite to the MPs that came out to run them off.

The SSgt nicely asked the MP to talk to the Shift Supervisor while his lads put their beers down.

The Supervisor came out and reminded the SSgt that the Beer Park was closed at midnite per Order of the CG.

The SSgt replied, "Ah, but the General never said what time it reopens!"

The Supervisor answered, "Okay your responsible, remember to keep it down."

Last edited by yellowwing; 12-15-07 at 08:53 AM.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    [QUOTE]I always have liked a cold brew and a warm shot!

[/QUOTE

we were much safer than out in town. (and the locals were safer too)
    Yeah, wing I wanted to edit mine to read:I always have liked a cold brew and a warm shot and a good fight! But alas,my time ran out for edit.

Did we not call it, 3.2 at 1 time. lmao

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Retrun of rank

Great News for the Marines at Pensacola who lost a Rank for drinking under age.

Last night I got a call from my son..
    He was told that we would get his current rank back retroactive from back in Aug when he lost it for drinking underage. Increasing his time in rank from 2 months to 11 months.

He said that he was told that the commander who demoted the marines for drinking under age in Pensacola, did not have authoritity, or something to take a rank from them.

I am guessing a Marine challenged the reduction in rank, and won. So they looked back at all the Marines who lost rank in Penscola, and are giving it back to them, retroactive to the date lost, and giving them the difference in PAY. NJP on their record was all that should of been done. This is great for all of them... IMHO

The one problem, is the effect that it might of had on some of the Marines, such as not being able to get their green belt, not haveing seniority, etc..

But still good news.... I am not sure if CAMERON3533 is still watching the forum...
    and contrats to JASON9987

I am interesting to hear if anyone knows more detail on what actually happen in Pensacol?

Buttom line is even tho i believe that if your old enough to die for your country your old enough to drink a beer the law is the law and Marines have been told numerous times not to be drinkin underage or face the UCMJ, What part of an order do Marines not understand about underage drinking..

What ever happened?

Credits
    Savings
    Agreement with all previous posts.
    1) Is that all ? acouple beers?
    2) Cryin shame on old enough to be shot at but-----
    3) Been there done that------same problem
    My Captian told me the problem was I got caught ! dummy.
    4) I survived to fight another day and so will he.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....FROM JUNE 2008, TILL TODAY???.....WHO GIVES A SH1T???
    LIKE I SAID BEFORE..."let it be!!"...please post something in the "open squad bay", or in "chesty's hootch"...WE'LL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSTS!!!....SEMPER FI...Doc Greek...

Underage drinking to me is NOT something to be punished for. Unless there are mitigatng circumstances ie- destruction of Gov't property, DUI, assault etc I usually just make them pour it out and I move on. I can't think of ANY Marine that hasn't participated underage drinking and many go on to be fine officers or SNCO's. I think it's just such a knee jerk reaction to slam kids for stuff like that these days.

On the other hand if your son is getting CM'd for drinking there has got to be more to the story than what he's telling you. This might be a multiple offense situation or something else happened including drinking.

Good Luck.

I never got into any trouble while on active duty (maybe because I was 21 when I hit the fleet), but I will say this. Whenever I was on duty or just hanging out around the barracks, I would often see younger Marines getting busted by the duty for underage drinking. It made me proud to see that, much more often than not, the SDO or OOD would simply make them either pour the booze out, or just give them a talking to and leave them be.

If Marines aren't hurting themselves, each other, or government property, or driving, why the hell would you NJP them for drinking on base? Drunk on duty, or students coming to class drunk is one thing. Marines drinking off duty and doing absolutely nothing wrong is another.

I think, in due time, the law will change.

as a junior Marine and stationed in New Orleans for my first duty station it sucks being under age in this city. my NCO's and SNCO's in MOS school always told us we aren't telling you guys not to drink if you are able to serve your country you should be able to drink what you want your all grown men and women just if your going to drink make sure you drink responsibly don't out on town get a room out in town and drink play music but stay in your motel room. see you guys on monday--(end of liberty breaf)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    take me to the brig i want to see real MARINES

thank you mothers of america and MADD this is how all this crap got started..

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I knew a SSgt that when he was in Okinawa, He & and his wife would throw cook-outs for some of the younger Marines (Newbies). Two of them got stopped by the MPs who were only 19 yrs old.

He (SSGT) got busted to SGT and it took him 3 yrs to get it back.
    My son was also told that any NJPs pretty much ends a RE for first timers.
    I also have a niece who is a Lt JG that was in in Pensacola. She said, "They flunked recess because they don't play"

They'll NJP at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    I just came from PCola a few months ago. Theres a reason we call it the NJP capital of the world. More than likely hes being NJP'd and she got her words mixed up. Dont worry about your son, more than likely he will spend some time on restriction and if hes got any rank that may go too. If not he'll be non-rec for a while. Something like this, this early in his career probably wont affect him later on. What MOS school is you son going through?
    Damn that bug Jimmy it gets me everytime!

Thread Information