son in trouble
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: son in trouble

son in trouble

my son is 17 , stationed at pensacola awaiting school. he recently informed me he has got into trouble for under age drinking. know he is realy upset because hes getting court marshelled. me being a marine have mixed feelings. sometimes i wish i didn't sign the papers . i'm so proud of him though. just confused sometime.

Court Marshalled for drinking??? Wow! NJP for sure...didn't think that would be court marshall offense. Is he telling you the whole story? Not trying to pick, just surprised. I hope he comes out of it ok. You know, one thing I can never understand...if you are old enough to die for your country, how the hell can you not be old enough for damn beer???

He knew he wasnt suppose to be drinkin underage my brother the DI's express this all the time to them. If he got caught its his own dang fault and shouldnt have been drinking anyway, all tho i think it sucks that a man can die for his country but he cant drink a beer anymore.. yelp Sgt i agree..

I wont disagree that he didn't know and deserves to be punished, but a court marshal seems a little harsh....if he was only drinking a few beers.

I just came from PCola a few months ago. Theres a reason we call it the NJP capital of the world. More than likely hes being NJP'd and she got her words mixed up. Dont worry about your son, more than likely he will spend some time on restriction and if hes got any rank that may go too. If not he'll be non-rec for a while. Something like this, this early in his career probably wont affect him later on. What MOS school is you son going through?

Agree with JimmyK. He's a very young non-rated Marine, and unless someone got injured as a result of the incident, any punishment should be relatively light. It's just too bad that the officers got involved rather than this just being handled by a Staff-NCO.

I agree with Tops agreement of JimmK...also I think its unreal that you are old enough to take a bullet or an IED but not old enough drink a beer on base, WTF?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron3533
    my son is 17 , stationed at pensacola awaiting school. he recently informed me he has got into trouble for under age drinking. know he is realy upset because hes getting court marshelled. me being a marine have mixed feelings. sometimes i wish i didn't sign the papers . i'm so proud of him though. just confused sometime.
    Sounds like he's doing what I saw a lot of kids his age do - first time away from Mom & Dad and they go ape $h!t and think they're invincible. And it IS a crying shame that you can fight for your country but you can't drink a beer when you get done!

Don't worry so much, as long as he was on base, didn't tear anything up or tore somebody's face up - the punishment won't be THAT bad - he has nothing for them to take from him at this point. Go down there, smack him upside the head, tell him you love him and how proud you are of him, and tell him to keep his nose clean.

Military not being able to drink has been a topic sure to get me angry for many years now.

The very idea that they are old enough to go fight in a war, kill or be killed for less then minimum wage and still not be “old enough” to buy a pack of smokes or drink a beer really P***** me off!

Either raise the age of enlistment or lower the age to drink a #$^# beer. At least when I was in you could have a beer on base in the e club and that seemed to work as well as could be expected.

Everyone has a plan for if they ever win a big lottery jackpot and my plan has been for about twenty years, that if I ever won I would buy the Corps a round.

SIMPER FI !!!

Exactly Kim and Messenger.

Buy the Corps a round...I have never heard a more noble thing in my life!

There is an old Marine Corps saying," If you havent had office hours than you are not a Marine" .
    Good Luck to your Son.

Thats right flo, I had my own office hours...twice.

PC Fla. is the new Memphis TN. Aviation schools TME etc.

I was threatened with CM at least 3 differnt times in Memohis, We had a barracks called Animal House and I fell in with the wrong crowd. What I mean, is they were just like me and needed a leader. LOL

The CM may be a threat to shake him up and give him that final lesson in obeying orders. Let's hope so. Has he signed a charge sheet yet? Tell him if he is in school, shoot for the #1 spot in his class. A lot of time they hate to NJP (office hours) numero uno.

thanks for the replys guys i agree that if your old enough to die for your country , you should be able to have afew beers. i'm having one now. i'llget the whole story and keep you guys posted, thanks semper fi

Thread Information