Recruiter Visit
Create Post

Thread: Recruiter Visit

Marine Family Free Member newskate9's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Recruiter Visit

Hi all,

I know I should just wait..... but I can't so here goes. Our son swore in at DEP and has been working out with recruiters and going on local trips with his mates since then. He's also a gym rat now and working hard.

He got a call from the recruiter saying he wanted to stop over and visit with us at our house. Not, come in. Not, can I speak on the phone. He wanted to stop over. Of course my son has yet to learn how to ask questions (just kidding) so we don't know why.

Question then, is this part of the routine? My son not scheduled to MEP until December for his MOS. Any ideas what the topic(s) might be?

Yes, my recruiter comes over all of the time, they do that to stay in touch with you and your son to make sure that everything is good. The topics would be ANYTHING that is bugging you guys, your recruiter is there to help and will want you to be informed.

The types of things to talk about for the MOS situation would be how available it is, how much need there is for it, and exactly what they do at that specific MOS. (You can ask them for bonuses too, but there aren't very many bonuses)

I'm not a Marine, but I'm in the DEP.

Credits
    Savings
    Wow, assuming that's it...... that is too cool! I'll confirm this after the visit and followup with you all. I'm looking forward to this!

My son's Marine Recruiter never came over but he seemed to call my son frequently. My son spent a lot of time at the recruiting office.

The Army Recruiter came over however ... unannounced a couple of times before my son signed. I think they were trying to convince my son to change his mind and join the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverproud View Post
    My son's Marine Recruiter never came over but he seemed to call my son frequently. My son spent a lot of time at the recruiting office.

The Army Recruiter came over however ... unannounced a couple of times before my son signed. I think they were trying to convince my son to change his mind and join the Army.
    It really depends on the recruiter. Like say you have a recruiter that doesn't have a lot of people shipping out this month (very unlikely these days, as there's a LOT of people), then the recruiter would be bugging your son/daughter a ton to make sure they get them in ASAP. On the other hand, if you have a recruiter that is packed with more recruits then they know what to do with, they may not visit every so often.

But if your child is in the Delayed Entry Program they are required to talk to their recruiter at least once a week (mine is every thursday) and must also notify them of any change of status. (Changes include location, phone number, criminal offenses, etc)

Last edited by Yonkers; 03-22-10 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added in one more sentence... cause I thought it would be helpful! :D

naw the Marines just want to check out and make sure they have real parents some of us dont have parents...

welcome him in, a good recruiter is an asset to you and your poolee.

Credits
    Savings
    hrscowboy - they definitely know this kid has parents. My son made the mistake of asking mom to join us on one visit to the recruiter...... let's say mom will have her say regardless of what uniform you're wearing!

Cudadad - no problems there. The recruiters we've been dealing with are top notch; I've been very impressed with them so far and welcome them any time. Our visit has been pushed back to next week, so I'll be sure to check in afterward.

The kid's been working out, and going on station events/tours with them so contact is not an issue. That's why I was curious what the topics might be.

Thread Information