Remington Raider? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    American History Forum puts on a WW2 seminar every year in Sarasota (Feb). It's always attended by a former Marine Raider (pre runner to recon) by the name of Ed Bearrs. He is the Historian Emeritus of the National Park Service. I believe he now lives in Virginia. He is a Civil War Historian for the most part but the man has more historical knowledge stored in his head than a library, from all eras. Contact me if you are interested in the seminar.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    TheDualityOfMan I echo Marine84's post, this is the best site for comprehensive information on our Corps. Im sorry if I made you feel ridiculed or unwelcome because you are certainly welcome. Its just that your thread tickeled me. Please stick around and follow some of our finest young American patriots through their senior year of High School while in DEP and then achieve the proudest day of their life. If you read here long enough you will know and understand why we are a such tight family and why we are so proud.

OORAH!!!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Being the ONLY female that plays with these guys on a regular basis................

I think if the 1st Sgt thinks Recon is the finest of the finest, I'm sure they are but, if you ask the rest of us, we'll ALL tell you that OUR own MOS was the finest of the finest. Recons ARE pretty bad a$$ but it takes ALL of us to make that big Green Machine work.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDualityOfMan
    ...You guys got any personal preferences about what you'd like to be written about you? Anything you feel needs to be said?
    Yes, tell them all that yellowwing was the greatest warrior to have served from 1983-1989!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Yes, tell them all that yellowwing was the greatest warrior to have served from 1983-1989!
    So, he's writing a comic book?

Credits
    Savings
    Duality,

One quote frequently found here should put you on the right track

US Marine: No better friend, No worse enemy.

Recon should have it's own chapter(s). They are the most thoroughly trained and tested and therefore the ideal, not intended to slight anyone. You're not getting answers because every Marine, in our own minds, no matter what the actual MOS we had, we believe we will prevail always. Don't overlook any of the characters who make up the Band of Brothers. I'd take any US Marine on my side anytime over anyone, without knowing anything else about them.

Good luck with your research...I might suggest enlisting in the reserves if you truly want to know the deal.

C

Wow that's all really great.

Don't worry, Jinelson, you didn't make my feel unwelcome! I just felt like a right ass for having asked such a dumb question!
    It was cool you all laughed, I was hysterical at myself too! Haha! I'm gonna be spending about two or so years on research, and this is only the beginning.
    I'm gonna keep using this site for information then, and I hope you guys can give me a hand learning about your corps.

I'm hear to listen to you all!!
    God know I need to learn!! HAHA!!!

Chumley, that's all great!! KEEP IT COMING GUYS!!!

Credits
    Savings
    We're apparently synched '84.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well, okay if he's not writing a comic book.

Check out the YouTube clips of the Chef at Large guy and the US Marines.

Its in several parts, but Anthony Bourdain discovers many astute insights to the US Marines that helped evacuate him and many other civilians from Lebanon recently.

Thanks so much for that link, yellowwing!

And, hey, I dunno EXACTLY what I'm gonna write about yet but I could try get you name in somewhere!! Like as a Marines nickname or something.
    I'd have to work that one into the story somehow. I'll let you know closer to the time!
    That link was great though! Thanks for your help & support man.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Next to his Woman Marine counterpart (don't know which part yet) - MOI and we'll call it a love story with all the ass kissing that will go on - LOL!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Okay then, you were the greatest warrior to have served from 84-88!

It will make a fine comic serial. Much better than Sgt Rock!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah, yeah that's the ticket! But, I want it to be known I'm a WOMAN. LOL!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheDualityOfMan
    No, seriously, I read that one THIS site!!
    Yeah, I did think of the Remington Typerwriters but didn't see the connection..
    There was someone who said on this site to someone who was wanting to join RECON that if they did really good they could become a " Remington Raider". The person then asked what that was, and the guy said, " They're the top recon marines".
    Was that a joke? Or was the guy just BSing. I seriously don't get it.
    Feeling like a right dumb-ass now though! Haha! Im not acting like I know anything about the USMC yet. That's why I'm trying to research.
    Can some explain what the hell that was about then?
    Talk about funny...

I ran a Google search, using the thread:

"remington raider" marine corps

...and the first three hits weredefinitions of Remington Raider... the fourth hit, was this thread... you, asking the question.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Never Retreat...........backspace

Thread Information