Remington Raider?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Remington Raider?

Who exactly ARE the Remington Raiders and what do they do? This is what I've heard ( info might be incorrect):

1. They're the very best of FORCE Recon.

2. They're pretty top secret.

3. They do jobs most people couldn't even image exist.

Some of that might be total BS, I'm finding it hard to get ANY information on the subject. I'm a writer and hoping to publish some books about the USMC in the near future. Books that will give the respect and pride I feel you Marines deserve.
    For the next few years though I'm just doing research on everything and anything I can find about the USMC.
    I came across the Remington Raiders on this site but could find out little more.
    If the subject can AT ALL be discussed, I'm very eager to know more about them. However, if it is something that cannot be talked about I understand that.
    Thanks very much,
    Semper Fi!
    You all have my respect with you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMFAO I don't know where you got that info. A Remington Raider is MOS 0141 Administrative Clerk in the old days we called them Remington Raiders because the Corps had bought all Remington type writers. Good luck with your research I hope that explains what they are and why you can't find in info on them.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quick thinking and a great cover up, Jinelson! The public, and the enemy, must never know the "true" nature of the covert Remington Raiders! Their secret must be kept!

How could some one who makes a living out of writing not make the connection of typewriters with Remington. I guess he could be way too young to ever have heard of a typewriter, eh?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheDualityOfMan
    Who exactly ARE the Remington Raiders and what do they do? This is what I've heard ( info might be incorrect):

1. They're the very best of FORCE Recon.

2. They're pretty top secret.

3. They do jobs most people couldn't even image exist.

Some of that might be total BS, I'm finding it hard to get ANY information on the subject. I'm a writer and hoping to publish some books about the USMC in the near future. Books that will give the respect and pride I feel you Marines deserve.
    For the next few years though I'm just doing research on everything and anything I can find about the USMC.
    I came across the Remington Raiders on this site but could find out little more.
    If the subject can AT ALL be discussed, I'm very eager to know more about them. However, if it is something that cannot be talked about I understand that.
    Thanks very much,
    Semper Fi!
    You all have my respect with you.

please tell me this is a joke

i am waiting for the punch line

No, seriously, I read that one THIS site!!
    Yeah, I did think of the Remington Typerwriters but didn't see the connection..
    There was someone who said on this site to someone who was wanting to join RECON that if they did really good they could become a " Remington Raider". The person then asked what that was, and the guy said, " They're the top recon marines".
    Was that a joke? Or was the guy just BSing. I seriously don't get it.
    Feeling like a right dumb-ass now though! Haha! Im not acting like I know anything about the USMC yet. That's why I'm trying to research.
    Can some explain what the hell that was about then?

Remington Raiders...the backbone of the Corps.

" Remington Raiders... the backbone of the Corps"
    ^ Haha!!!
    I'm feeling more sorry now for the guy that got told he could become a " Remington Raider". I think he totally bought it!!

Even though I've made a fool of myself, I'm gonna keep asking questions. I think the USMC are a bunch of amazing people, and I wanna publish something about them.
    Thanks, Jinelson, for clearing that up for me! Everyone elses comment where hilarious so thanks for them too!

Can I ask then, would you guys agree with this statement:

"Recon Marines have a reputation as the best of the best. We bring the finest the Marine Corps have to offer." -- First Sgt. Erik Shirreffs

Would love to hear you guys opinions on that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDualityOfMan
    No, seriously, I read that one THIS site!!
    Yeah, I did think of the Remington Typerwriters but didn't see the connection..
    There was someone who said on this site to someone who was wanting to join RECON that if they did really good they could become a " Remington Raider". The person then asked what that was, and the guy said, " They're the top recon marines".
    Was that a joke? Or was the guy just BSing. I seriously don't get it.
    Feeling like a right dumb-ass now though! Haha! Im not acting like I know anything about the USMC yet. That's why I'm trying to research.
    Can some explain what the hell that was about then?
    Sounds like some poolees pulling each others' legs and you got in the middle of it! For REAL answers, try the Marine Corps Museum in DC. They have a web site. You can, and will, hear anything and everything on this site!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Jim - let me have some of those laughing critters!

I even had a warning to hold onto my coffee when I read this one - didn't listen - NOW look at my monitor!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    By the way Duality; beware of a creature that haunts these halls that goes by the name Marine84; she may tell you anything! OOPS! Too late!

Haha! Yeah that was my 1st post and I think maybe this forum isn't the best place to be looking for comprehensive information about USMC!!!!!
    Glad I gave you all a laugh though! Haha!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    CARLSON'S RAIDERS had a lot to do with shaping Force Recon, not Remington.

Please feel free to tell more folken what every Marine knows and has known for over 231 years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'll tell 'em anything? You guys are way worse than me!

And, don't get discouraged Man - believe it or not, this IS a good place to get info. Is that ALL you're interested in writing about - recon? If so, you're going to have to wait for one of them to come through.

Will do! Haha! Thanks yellowwing, that's maybe what the dude ment to say rather than " Remington" Haha!
    I think the Marines deserve more respect than they currently have. I want to write a book that's technically accurate though, that's why I'm giving myself a couple of YEARS to get my information in line.
    I'm right at the beginning of things and right now KNOW NOTHING!! I think you can all tell! Haha!
    But I'm very keen to learn about your corps. so that I can do you all justice.

So, do you guys believe the quote I put above. I'll post it again:
    "Recon Marines have a reputation as the best of the best. We bring the finest the Marine Corps have to offer." -- First Sgt. Erik Shirreffs

Do you think that's founded or not?

Thanks for the encouragement Marine84!! I'm not so sure what area I wanna focus on yet. I'm just looking into Recon right now.

You guys got any personal preferences about what you'd like to be written about you? Anything you feel needs to be said?

Thread Information