Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You go Girl!

Credits
    Savings
    The last time I qual'ed at the range, a WM E-5 shot 249...highest that week.

MavreenS - You will rock as an Officer - you've quite a solid brain housing group! Trust in yourself and secure your emotions and you will not falter.

SFi
    C

249 ???!!!!! how the heck??

Oh yeah, I just found out PLC-C is the same as OCC-198 so I'll be the class before you. Ooorah.

Jcam what do you mean how the heck...lol 249 out of 250 isnt impossible..its not common but it aint immpossible

Credits
    Savings
    If the point assignment has changed, the score might not make sense today. 250 was perfect then.

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    Jcam what do you mean how the heck...lol 249 out of 250 isnt impossible..its not common but it aint immpossible
    she hit in the black every single shot except one. I'm an expert shot but a 249...I think thats way tougher than getting a 300 PFT.

Credits
    Savings
    True story.

Damn. Well, that score is certainly Moto, but if i know what was going through her head it was "Sh!t, I missed one".

Chumley, thank you for your kind words. Now all I need to do is get Mom on board for me being a M.O. and everything will be good to go.

MavreenS, I promise that is what was going through her head. When I shot a 245 with a clear miss at the 500. I couldn't believe I managed to miss the entire target. I'm sure she felt the same way, but at least her miss still got her 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    ...jsut for the running and training though...get ITBs..they dont breathe as easy but they sure do give you the work out on runs....
    When the time comes for recruit and candidate and whoever to run on hard ground in heavy boots then you just do it. You get it done, but its not a good training method if you dont have to do it. hiking with a load is different, its lower impact more foregiving on your body. Your not training for an MMA match your training for a career. For the majority who dont make it a career you will still have to live in your body long after the Marine Corps has had its way and got its money's worth out of you. Think prophylactic training, it will pay off after decades of hard miles. Even with the way things are going in this world, believe it or not you just might survive past prime.

--->Dave

Credits
    Savings
    MavreenS,

Live your life for you first - you can't take care of anyone until you take care of you. Mom may not like it, but she knows your right. She won't be able to be proud of you until you are proud of you. She'll be fine. Life is too short to worry. Just smile when you come home!

SFi
    C

Quote Originally Posted by MavreenS
    Candidate Smiel requests permission to come aboard from the Marines of this forum.

This candidate is slated for OCC-199 in September of 2008 and her package is being handled the Albany, NY OSO. This candidate holds a A.B. cum laude from William Smith College in Religious Studies and Classical Greek and will earn her M.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. This candidate hopes to move into Intelligence, either Signals or Air, after TBS and hopes to attain the Foreign Area Officer designation.

The two biggest impacts upon this candidate's life and decision to join the U.S. Marine Corps were her grandmother, a patriot and avid supporter of the United States Marine Corps, and her grandmother's cousin, Michael Benardo, a Marine who served on Iwo Jima and acted as this candidate's grandfather.

This candidate is a member in good standing at the MarineOCS forums.
    WTF? .............

Quote Originally Posted by MavreenS
    Candidate Smiel requests permission to come aboard from the Marines of this forum.

This candidate is slated for OCC-199 in September of 2008 and her package is being handled the Albany, NY OSO. This candidate holds a A.B. cum laude from William Smith College in Religious Studies and Classical Greek and will earn her M.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. This candidate hopes to move into Intelligence, either Signals or Air, after TBS and hopes to attain the Foreign Area Officer designation.

The two biggest impacts upon this candidate's life and decision to join the U.S. Marine Corps were her grandmother, a patriot and avid supporter of the United States Marine Corps, and her grandmother's cousin, Michael Benardo, a Marine who served on Iwo Jima and acted as this candidate's grandfather.

This candidate is a member in good standing at the MarineOCS forums.
    WTF? .............

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    The last time I qual'ed at the range, a WM E-5 shot 249...highest that week.

MavreenS - You will rock as an Officer - you've quite a solid brain housing group! Trust in yourself and secure your emotions and you will not falter.

SFi
    C
    that is because in the fleet you tend to get hooked up on the range.........i personally doubt she shot a legit 249. just my opinion, i obv wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by jpal3451
    WTF? .............

I was formally introducing myself the way an Officer Candidate does at OCS and out of respect for the Marines on this forum. This leaves me with one question, Marine. Why the "wtf"?

Thread Information