Parris Island Graduation Info
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Parris Island Graduation Info

Hello, my soon to be son in law just left today for Parris Island. We are planning to attend the graduation. My husband and I decided to bring our family and friends of our future son-in-law. We decided to rent a van and will drive 13 hours to attend. My question for cost related reasons, where is a decent place to stay for 3 days or since my relatives live 2 hours north, do you think that would be best? Since it looks like we will be paying for 7 people total, I am trying to figure out the most cost effective way possible. Also, does anyone know if I talk with any car rental places, will they give us any discounts? Any help would be appreciated. I know that graduation is most important for families and friends to attend so we would like to do the most we can to get everyone down.

If you have relatives that are 2 hours away that might be you best bet. I know there are places that are close but with that many it would be a good size bill. You may save enough to be albe to drive back and forth.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I Concur with the SGT, if you have kin that close why not knock out two brids with one stone (so to speak). Stay with them, visit with them and go to that graduation. Unless you are planning to be at his Motivation run on thursday morning at 6 AM, that is! Family day doesnt start until 1PM so why not wait til then if you have to drive that two hours to get there, I am sure he will understand. He probably won't know you are there during the run anyway!

Sorry, I don't know of any rental company that gives discounts for Graduation trips.

When my family, Mom, Dad, Brother from OKI, sister and her boyfriend came down to see me they stayed at the billeting on base. It was nice and REALLY close to the parade deck. When we were practicing for grad I actually saw my parents on the wednesday before. They were sitting all alone in the bleachers and I thought I was going to lose it. It was an AMAZING feeling. But the place they stayed at was right next to the museum, across from subway in the 4th BN area.. hope this helps!!

Here is some more information:
    http://benefits.*************/misc/i...=4225&style=06

TEMPORARY LODGING:

Marine Corps Temporary Lodging Facilities offers short-term housing accommodations for all authorized patrons to include:
    -Military personnel and their families who are without housing due to permanent change of station(PCS) orders.
    -Military members, ready Reservist, and Deparment of Defense civilian personnel on TDY.
    -Military personnel, Retirees, Ready Reservist, Retired Reserves, DOD civilian personnel, their families, and guest of military personnel in non-duty status as well as other authorized patrons.

A Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF) is located in Building 200. The phone number is (843)228-2976. Cost per night for 1-2 persons, $50.00. Cost per night with kitchenette for 1-2 persons, $55.00. These facilities are completely equipped with private bath, television, individual room heat and air, and a laundry facility. No pets allowed.

Beaufort River Inn (Building 254). The Beaufort River Inn is our Visiting Officer Quarters (VOQ). It is located near the Traditions Club and each one of the rooms has a beautiful view of the river. The Beaufort River Inn has six rooms (4 with kitchettes)and a VIP Suite or Distinguished Guest Quarters (DGQ) which consists of two bedrooms, a living/dining area, kitchen and bathroom. There is a large screened in porch on the front of the building which faces the river. No pets allowed.

Osprey Inn I(Building 289). The Osprey Inn is the Bachelor Officers Quarters(BOQ). This building is also located near the Traditions Club and directly across from the Marina. The BOQ has eighteen transient suites and eleven permanent geographical quarters. Each suite consists of a bedroom with a double bed and a living area with a double sofabed. Facing the Marina is a large screened-in porch. No pets allowed.

Osprey Inn II (Building 330). The Osprey Inn II is the Enlisted Transient Quarters. This is the same building where the office is located. There are nine transient rooms and twenty two permanent party rooms on the first deck. Drill Instructor (DI) students are billeted on the second and third decks. The DI student rooms are set up to accomodate two students per room. No pets allowed.

Staff Noncommissioned Officer Quarters (building 331). This building is located adjacent to Building 330. There are 72 rooms available to permanent party SNCO's, both Bonafide Bachelors and Geographic Bachelors. Currently there is a waiting list for Geographic Bachelors. No pets allowed.

Reservations may be made for any of our Transient Quarters by calling (843)228-2744. Personnel on TAD orders have first priority and may make reservations up to two months in advance. Personnel with PCS orders may also make reservations up to two months in advance. Non-duty and retired personnel are served on a space available basis. All guests staying at the Beaufort River Inn, Osprey Inn I or Osprey Inn II must have a valid military ID card. In the case of civil service workers traveling on TAD orders a government ID card is required.

Credits
    Savings
    You wrote "When my family, Mom, Dad, Brother from OKI, sister and her boyfriend came down to see me they stayed at the billeting on base."

What is this and how do I find out if it is a place where we would be able to stay?

Also, regarding "Marine Corps Temporary Lodging Facilities", my daughter is engaged to the individual we will be going down to see. Would we still be able to stay in this type of lodging? It sounds like we would have to be actual military personnel which we are not.

You can make reservations for the DeTreville House on MCAS Beaufort well in advance, if you qualify. We have a room reserved already for our visit in a few weeks.

http://www.mccssc.com/hospitality/hospitality.asp

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for that. I did call and inquiried and as soon as I find out when graduation will be, I will call and make reservations. It is better than driving the two hours cost wise, what with gas and all. I am glad that I asked because I would have never known. Thanks again.

I am sure I will have more questions, but nothing right now.

No problem, the Temp quarters on PI requires you to call on short notice, like a few days or a week..tough to plan with requirements like that.

Thread Information