Second Son leaves tomorrow
Create Post

Second Son leaves tomorrow

My youngest leaves for PI Sunday, well to the hotel at MEPS anyway, then leaves for PI monday morning. We will be empty nesters after that. His older brother is in Iraq at the moment. I'm darn proud of them both, but may go crazy with such an empty house!! Both my best friends will now be gone!
    Will have to find a few new hobbies I suppose, all seems kind sureal. For some reason, I never though the youngest would ever get old enough to leave! Cutting these apron strings will be damn tough!! But I know he has to do it!! Great men both of them. Semper Fi to all that have answered the call!!
    Thank God for the Marines!!
    Ooorahhh!!
    SemperFi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OORAH!!! Bro what a proud Dad you must be. I thank God for young men and women like your sons everyday.

Thank You

Jim

Congratulation Proud Dad

Ellie

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well, Gang I am new to this forum. My middle son shipped out for PI this morning from New Orleans, La. I am waiting to hear him say," This is Prt Wesley Stacey,etc." Part of me will miss him. It is hard as was said above. "cutting the apron strings" , but I am very proud of him. I know he will make a fine Marines. But you guys know "us" moms. LOL

Thank God for Marine Corps Moms. And to Billd, don't count on that empty nest thing. They always seem to fly back.

Semper Fi and thanks for your kids

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    oops should have been Pvt. sorry gang

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Semper Fi Bill and give that Pup a Ooo-Rah from me. I know it will be hard to let him go, but Thank God, and you, for what The Corps gets for your efforts.

The same goes for you Evie66, we thank you for your Son and his service to our beloved Corps.

Thanks all

We got the call Tuesday morning that he arrive safe. He's in 1st Bn. He was hoping for 3rd Bn. Kinda cool, he's in 1st, the oldest son was in 2nd, and I was in 3rd! We covered all the bases!! Now all I have too do is get Mom to enlist and we have Parris Island completely covered!! HA!HA!

Bill D

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations to all recruits !And to the proud parents!

don't count on that empty nest thing. They always seem to fly back.

That's true this generation is the boomarang generation. Can send them flying and they always come back...sometimes long term.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Most of us Marines hada mom, except for a few Gunnies I knew. ;]

Thread Information