Sunscreen in boot?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Sunscreen in boot?

Hello,
    Is sunscreen permitted to be worn in bootcamp?

Thanks

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, never heard of the stuff.......

Sunscreen? What is this, the girl scouts?

Sunscreen

You will buy sunscreen on your PX run...whether they let you wear it or not is a different story. Alot of times it is up to you to take a quick second to inconspicuously put it on...that's how it went for me on P.I. last summer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    of course on Wednesday afternoons and all day Saturday when you have "pool time" you are allowed to use sunscreen. Just be careful not to get too much on your hands as this may cause you to drop your cold beer on the pool deck. The DIs get very, very upset by that! Remember to schedule this time as soon as you get to receiving; just ask the first NCO you see about it! They will be more than happy to help you fill out the required paperwork!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you wear that stuff and get in the pit. The sand will stick to you and won't come off and the DIs will know you are wearing something and you will get bent for it for being a sand collector or what ever else. You will get the Boot Camp sun burn like everyone else.

Semper Fi

Don't Get Me Wrong

Perhaps it was different for us...but we were encouraged to put it on...

You just didn't want to sit there and apply it like you were going to the beach or something...

For recruits who didn't wear it, when they got cooked real good....they'd get yelled at for not using it....especially very fairskinned recruits...i.e. white stripes for PT....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worsham
    Perhaps it was different for us...but we were encouraged to put it on...

You just didn't want to sit there and apply it like you were going to the beach or something...

For recruits who didn't wear it, when they got cooked real good....they'd get yelled at for not using it....especially very fairskinned recruits...i.e. white stripes for PT....
    Don't think he'll be in 4th BN. But they have changed a lot since I was there!

Quote Originally Posted by DWG
    Don't think he'll be in 4th BN. But they have changed a lot since I was there!
    I was over in 4th in June and I tell you I would put some sunscreen on the lady recruits fo-sho

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well think of it this way what ever you do you will be wrong and get bent.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black
    Sunscreen? What is this, the girl scouts?
    Hey a sunburned recruit is an unhappy recruit.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't remember ever being instructed or encouraged to use it - we had that same farmer's tan that the guys get.

Almost every morning, you'll be rushed to the bathroom to brush your teeth and make head calls. That's probably the only time you'll get to put on sun screen. You can reapply whenever the platoon returns to the barracks for more headcalls, but you'll so focused on ensuring your bladder doesn't explode that sun screen will be low priority at that point.

**** bootcamp was (yeah, I know, not LONG ago, but --) about a year and a half ago and I'm still sportin' my bootcamp farmer's tan. Wear it with pride!

I could have sworn I read a thread on this subject a day or 2 ago by someone else. Am I going insane!?

Thread Information