GOING BACK to the corps advice!!! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I got out of the Marine Corps in January 2009 and went into the Army. I am now wanting back in. I am a Sgt, but I was a Cpl when I got out. Is there a form to complete in order to transfer branches? Also, would I keep my current rank and MOS(Marine Corps equivalent is 2621)?

There is no form or anything else to complete to do an interservice transfer, that I'm aware of. Basically what you'll have to do is complete your current enlistment, and go to a regular recruiter within 90 days of EAS, and reenlist. You will NOT get to keep E-5 since it's an army earned and not Marine Corps earned. Depending on how much time in service you have, you may not be able to reenlist into the Corps at all, since Time in Grade restrictions are going to begin to be an issue for you (You'll need to make SSgt before you hit the 13 year mark and you'll be starting over as a Cpl over 8 years...hard to do...possible but hard).

Talk to a Marine Corps recruiter (in person) and go from there.

MOS will be dependant on the 'needs of the Corps'. If they don't need Cpl's in it, then no.

Thread Information