GOING BACK to the corps advice!!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thought I'd sneak that one in on ya.

"An alternate way, just longer, become a drilling reservist (SMCR), then go to AR (active reserve) or active duty. Sort of a back door to the system. I was active duty for 9 years prior to becoming a reservist (trying out the civilian thing). I honestly do not like the reserves, but having the ability to put my uniform back on, even once a month, numbs the pain of not doing it everyday."

That's a good way to control what's happening with your career, civilian and military. You should try and get the job as law enforcement, do the reserve thing, and see how you like it. If law enforcement doesn't do it, see if your local RS rates your MOS as a billet.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Hey what can I say? Today I got yelled at for not saluting on the range...give me a ****ing break...oh and for wearing a boonie cover. I guess using my intelligence in trying to hide from the sun is too much for some SNCOs. Gotta dumb me down to be subserviant or something.

I wonder if I'll get charged tomorrow for having my boonie on. That would be a fun court martial hearing. 11+ UV index and I'm getting charged for protecting myself. The rocker must do something to you that I don't know about yet.
    Here's a stupid question: Did anyone in your command instruct you to wear the boonie? Because, my thinking is, no one else at the range was wearing one and you were "the one" who did. Something tells me that yeah, if you stick out like a sore thumb you're probably going to get some **** for it.

Also, have you never heard of this new invention called SUN SCREEN? It's amazing, let me tell you about it. Apparently it's some type of paste that comes out of a bottle or tube that, get this, literally protects your skin from the sun's harmful rays! Amazing huh?!

KB... do you know why our covers have a bill on them instead of us wearing just be a beenie and sun glasses? Same reason for a boonie... and I'd say that since he falls under the ranges command and there is an RSO and a gunner in charge of the range that if they didn't want him wearing it they'd tell him not to.

And to have the shooters telling him what he should or should not be wearing is like you telling him what he's allowed to wear on the range. YOU and they are not in HIS chain of command and YOU and they have no authority to authorize uniform item for him when HE's out there every day...

besides, I've qual'ed with a boonie cover as a shooter before.

You completely missed the point I was making, SSgt. I didn't say anything about him having to follow any orders from anyone except his chain, hence the question: Did anyone in your command instruct you to wear the boonie? Until I know the answer to this question, I can't comment any further.

I don't care what anyone wears when they qual to be honest, as long is it's within regulation. But if you go make yourself stick out by being the only person wearing an piece of uniform that no one else is wearing, and that you weren't instructed to wear, then you should expect some heat to rain down on you.

but you did comment farther with the sticking out like a sore thumb statement... that's assuming he's the only one... so you assumed.

and I don't think anyone will rain heat on someone wearing a gortex any time of the year... even if they ARE the only one.

you point is baseless... it's relative to the person doing the crying about it.

Yes, I'm assuming, which is exactly what you are doing as well.

How is my point baseless? The Marine Corps is all about uniformity, not individuality. This is taught in depth from boot camp on. If his entire company was on the range wearing 8 point covers and he decided, "You know what, fvck it, I'm going to wear my boonie because I want to!" then he deserves what he got. Besides, what's so hard about asking questions? All he had to do is ask his squad leader, or platoon sergeant to ask command if it would be alright to wear a boonie. Takes all of 5 minutes and he would have saved himself a lot of trouble.

Also, if he wasn't the only one wearing the boonie, then something tells me he wouldn't have been scolded for wearing it.

not at the range.

and I didn't assume, I left it up to his command to be responsible and tell him what he is allowed to wear.

YOU are assuming his command failed and that is why he's getting his assed chewed.

now, I would say that I made a statement that is based on a long standing fact of reality in the Marine Corps.... your command will unfvck you.

you are assuming they just ignore him all day and let the shooters fix him...

now ask yourself who is assuming and who's making a factual statement.

now, I'm pretty sure the Cpl is adult enough to wear things he is authorized to wear... when they all get together in the morning for their brief I'm sure he'd be told to lose the cover if he wasn't allowed... that's assumption # 2, that he wouldn't be corrected by HIS seniors.

And your last statement is another assumption. This probably wouldn't be a problem if he just had the coaches cover.... but I'd go so far as to say it wouldn't matter.

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth, but until he answers my question(s) I'm not going to argue anymore.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, your words put assumptions out there.

you are not thinking about what you are writing and it's meanings to the reader.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WELL IM GOING TO JUST PUT THIS OUT THERE HOW DO I GET BACK INTO THE CORPS. WITH A RE3F I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS SINCE I WAS 18 LOCAL RECRUITERS TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT 2 YEARS AND NOW ITS BEEN LONGER.any answers would greatly help

Without a profile, you'll have no answers.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i got a re 3f and was tryn to find out who to go to.I need to get it changed. i have been workin on this for 6 years.

Again...no profile...no answers...

BUT...I will say this. Unless you can PROVE, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the RE code was issued "In error", it will NOT be changed. No matter how much you want it to be. Just the way it is.

Getting back in is no easy process. It was hard for me and I'm a SNCO. Getting advice here without a profile is harder. Fix yourself. And we will help

Kill

Thread Information