Kennedy assassination :Gunny Hathcock's take - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    True enough.

I'd bet that he did. A 150-yard shot from the bench at a non-moving target of that size is well within a Mannlicher-Carcano's capability. I could ding all day under those conditions.

If Gunny Hathcock says he don't think Oswald could have made the shot . then he probably dint . as for that video lets put a scope on that rifle an let him try to hit a small moving target.Hell i could hit a target like he was shooting at at that distance if it was stationary. when the target is moving that separates the men from the boys

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kato811
    If Gunny Hathcock says he don't think Oswald could have made the shot . then he probably dint . as for that video lets put a scope on that rifle an let him try to hit a small moving target.Hell i could hit a target like he was shooting at at that distance if it was stationary. when the target is moving that separates the men from the boys
    At ITR 1961 they taught us to shoot in the dirt just in front of a moving target to see where you are hitting; not only the ricocheting bullet but dirt and rocks are going to go into your target. We did it with tracers at night too. The silhouette targets were peppered with dirt and rock holes and bullet holes that went in flat sideways.

Anybody else do that ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THEY HAD US DOING IT A QUANTICO,SHOOTING BUC-SHOT ON PAVEMENT TO SKID IT UNDER HOSTILE VEHICLES;THAT THE BAD-GUY'S WERE USING FOR COVER.VERY GOOD TRAINING! S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    THEY HAD US DOING IT A QUANTICO,SHOOTING BUC-SHOT ON PAVEMENT TO SKID IT UNDER HOSTILE VEHICLES;THAT THE BAD-GUY'S WERE USING FOR COVER.VERY GOOD TRAINING! S/F
    Hey I like that !

Here's a few quid pro quo's for ya !

If they ever have the bloodhounds on your trail walk in a giant figure eight and leave at the center.

If you take cover under evergreens they can't spot you with infra-red they hold the days heat.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Oswald 'had no time to fire all Kennedy bullets'

By Tim Shipman in Washington, Sunday Telegraph
    Last Updated: 2:01am BST 02/07/2007

Lee Harvey Oswald could not have acted alone in assassinating President John F Kennedy, according to a new study by Italian weapons experts of the type of rifle Oswald used in the shootings.

The new findings will encourage conspiracy theorists
    In fresh tests of the Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action weapon, supervised by the Italian army, it was found to be impossible for even an accomplished marksman to fire the shots quickly enough.

The findings will fuel continuing theories that Oswald was part of a larger conspiracy to murder the 35th American president on 22 November 1963.

The official Warren Commission inquiry into the shooting concluded the following year that Oswald was a lone gunman who fired three shots with a Carcano M91/38 bolt-action rifle in 8.3 seconds.

But when the Italian team test-fired the identical model of gun, they were unable to load and fire three shots in less than 19 seconds - suggesting that a second gunman must have been present in Dealey Plaza, central Dallas, that day.

Two of the bullets hit Kennedy, with the first - the so called "magic bullet", ridiculed by conspiracy theorists - also wounding the governor of Texas, John B Connally, after it had struck the president.

In a further challenge to the official conclusions, the Italian team conducted two other tests at the former Carcano factory in Terni, north of Rome, where the murder weapon was made in 1940.

They fired bullets through two large pieces of meat, in an attempt to simulate the assumed path of the magic bullet. In their test, the bullet was deformed, unlike the first bullet in the Kennedy assassination, which remained largely intact.

The second bullet is thought to have missed its target. According to the commission, the third disintegrated when it hit Kennedy's head. The new research suggests, however, that this is incompatible with the fact that Oswald was only 80 yards away, in a book depository, when he fired.

The Italian tests suggest that a bullet fired from that distance would have emerged intact from Kennedy's head, implying that the third shot must instead have come from a more distant location.

The findings will encourage conspiracy theorists who hold that Oswald could not have fired three shots in time. For each shot, he would have had to push up the gun's bolt handle, pull the bolt backwards to eject the spent cartridge case and then forward to slide the next round into the chamber, before turning down the bolt handle to lock it in place.

Nearly seven out of 10 Americans believe that Kennedy was murdered as a result of a plot. Depending on which theory they back, the participants supposedly included any or all of the CIA, the Mafia, the Cubans, the FBI chief J Edgar Hoover, the military-industrial complex and Vice-President Lyndon B Johnson.

It is the second challenge in two months to the view of the Warren Commission that Oswald acted alone. In May, researchers at Texas A&M University argued that the ballistics evidence used to rule out a second gunman had been misinterpreted.

The findings will be a frustration to Vincent Bugliosi, the author of a 1,600-page book, also published in May, which claimed to put to rest all the conspiracy theories of the past 44 years.

The Italian findings will be hotly contested by those who believe that Oswald was a lone gunman - not least because they contradict firing tests previously conducted, using Oswald's actual rifle, by the FBI and the US Marines, and another study by Washington police marksmen using an identical gun.

Oswald would only have needed to reload the weapon twice in the eight seconds to get off all three shots, since the time was measured only from the moment he fired the first shot. The FBI concluded that a marksman could have fired a shot at least every 2.3 seconds.

In his book, Mr Bugliosi details how after just two or three minutes' practice with the gun in 1979, three police marksmen aiming at three targets representing Kennedy at the same distance from Oswald, got away three shots in less than eight seconds.

One marksman hit the targets twice and missed the third shot by an inch. A second shooter scored a "kill" with his second shot.

Mr Bugliosi recounts three separate ballistics tests that found that the magic bullet could have wounded Kennedy and Connally and emerged in similar condition to the real bullet. But that is unlikely to stop the Italian research fuelling another generation of conspiracy writers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...kennedy101.xml

Bugliosi's book is 'the gold standard' in regard to the JFK assassination. It's worth a read for both history buffs and conspiracy theorist's alike.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

CHIT,SEEM'S AS THOUGH;OSWALD SHOT EXPERT THAT DAY.MAYBE HIS COUSIN IVAN,OR VINNY.WAS BACKING HIS AZZ UP ON THE GRASSY-KNOLL???

I'm not saying yea or nay on this right now but I have shot 3 jackrabitts in les than 18 seconts with a single shot 22.

The entire incident stinks to high heaven. Kennedy should have never challenged the Federal Reserve. Look what happens to those who challenge the ones who are in charge of money!

Dukesix

Telling the heads of state that LBJ in no way had the authority to make policy for the US. To embarrass the VP in such a manner while on foreign soil was beyond comprehension.

Then forgetting why you chose a Texas politician to be your running mate.

Then going to Dallas Texas in an open limousine. Stuff happens.

Kennedy was a fake hero manufactured by his bootlegging daddy. Any PT commander that couldn't hear a Japanese destroyer coming was either asleep or drunk.

To promise rebels air and sea support and leave them hanging. While making deals with the commies to remove your missiles from Turkey if they would remove theirs from Cuba.

Heck I might have took a shot at the POS maggot myself?

Yep, Phantom, he (Kennedy) was an arrogant sort...wasn't he? People tend to forget that for some reason.

Dukesix

Quote Originally Posted by phantomphixer
    ...Kennedy was a fake hero manufactured by his bootlegging daddy. Any PT commander that couldn't hear a Japanese destroyer coming was either asleep or drunk.

To promise rebels air and sea support and leave them hanging. While making deals with the commies to remove your missiles from Turkey if they would remove theirs from Cuba.

Heck I might have took a shot at the POS maggot myself?
    Sure is terribly convenient that Hollywood left out that tidbit of information when they made the movie.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    While I was reading a book about JFK and PT-109 back in the middle 1960s, my father pointed out a few things that I fully understood only after I got into the Marine Corps.

First, he said that JFK was going to be court-martialed for failing to maintain a proper watch while underway. It was mentioned during the WWII years that everyone aboard PT-109 was sleeping, or below decks (or both). It was well known among other PT crews that JFK ran his boat like a frat sail boat. However, Daddy pulled strings and no CM happened.

JFK evidently did do a good job saving the survivors of his crew, but sort of too little, too late. Other PT boat crews were able to see the destroyers' silhouettes well enough to steer clear.

Ever wonder why the destined-for-national-politics son of a high powered and filthy rich Democrat only got a Navy-Marine Corps Medal instead of something bigger (like a Silver Star or Navy Cross)?

"Sure is terribly convenient that Hollywood left out that tidbit of information when they made the movie."

That was in the day of oil/coal fired ships. The Japanese weren't building Lexuses at that time. LOL The PT boat was patrolling and operating under the supposed rules of quite running. Which meant only one engine turning at low speed. The plywood PT boat should have assisted in the amplification of disturbance in the water.

How many Marines have berthed on a modern ship and couldn't sleep for a week after the cruise because the hum wasn't there?

Kennedy was bought into the Navy and was declined once for service because of his physical condition.

I am no fan of Kennedy and I was only making a point with my earlier statement. If in uniform I would have taken the bullet for him. Glad I was on the Grassy Knoll instead. JK

Thread Information