Marine Corps Dress Blues Jacket a fashion statement? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Again,, Of words, there is no end. Good Night Chesty,,, Wherever you are.

My opinion, though I will express it, is not important, but when you have Marines in here telling you how they feel and the harsh reality, you need to be focused on what they are saying. First, you may ****ing learn something and second, you might as well learn this harsh reality now. Don't expect to go into this thing and come out without at least part of your moral fiber changed in some way. You may have to do things you don't want to and you will definitely see the world differently. I'd say heed the warning before it becomes such a harsh reality.

If you ever go to any strip club in the Lejeune area, half the strippers are wearing these skimpy dress blue outfits... it's great.

If some hot chick who isn't a Marine wants to wear my blouse, go right ahead because you're obviously not a Marine. It's just when I see these punk emo morons on the street disgracing my uniform, but hot women wearing it... that's good to go.

http://www.dubpublishing.com/

one of the members of black eyed peas wore part of the uniform in issue 28 of DUB magazine. on the website...look for where it says "back-issue archive" and scroll down until you find issue 28..you'll see it on the cover and you can also look inside by clicking the bottom right corner of the pages and moving them over as if u were flipping through the magazine.

just as well as a member wearing part of the Marine Dress Blues uniform...there is also a member wearing part of Westpoint's Cadet uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    This is how citizenry worked in Ancient Rome and some Greek states. That's why women were not citizens, Hell I say bring it back.
    Thats a pretty selfish comment but whatever. Thats your opinion. Guarantee you wouldn't say that if you were a female or had something that prevented you from being able to serve.

People need to be more aware of the sacrifices our servicemen and women make. Starting at a young age. What I'm proud of is the fact that the person on the show was called out about it and in turn she apologized and changed. It show's people are "getting it". Laws don't need to be enacted for this stuff. People don't need to be strung up and beaten. It's up to US to make our parents and/or future kids aware of the stories of Chesty and the Chosin Reservoir. Of Dan Daly and Belleau Wood. Of John Basilone and Iwo Jima. Of Dunham and Iraq.

Citizens who are GIVEN the privileges need to be taught of the hero's who PROVIDE that blanket of security for them and in turn, this **** we see on TV wouldn't happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And, Accord.....Too early for those kind of pictures,,,,,, Can't take that kind of motovation before my 1st cup of coffee :}

Dress Blues Jacket

I had not seen it when it originally aired but saw a glimpse last night and went high and to the right.. I left the room... my husband came upstairs later and said at the end of the show she came on and apologized for wearing it. Guess some folks wrote in huh?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Marines is an exclusive club and you must pay your dues to get in. Once you get in you are a member for life. It is not a sword or uniform or bulldog that makes Marines. Complaining about someone wearing a poor facsimile of dress blues is like complaining about someone wearing a fake rollex watch. I do have a problem with somone who has not served wearing an authentic uniform and claiming to be a Marine. This just not seem to be the case here. Ever go to a football game and put on your favorite teams colors? Even though you are wearing #4 everyone knows you are not Brett Favre.

Well said Bulkyker.

I think this kind of goes along with the argument of "if you aren't in the military you shouldn't wear cammies or marpat" but it has become a fashion statement no matter what you do it will always remain that way,i HOPE fake dress blues doesn't become a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    The Marines is an exclusive club and you must pay your dues to get in. Once you get in you are a member for life. It is not a sword or uniform or bulldog that makes Marines. Complaining about someone wearing a poor facsimile of dress blues is like complaining about someone wearing a fake rollex watch. I do have a problem with somone who has not served wearing an authentic uniform and claiming to be a Marine. This just not seem to be the case here. Ever go to a football game and put on your favorite teams colors? Even though you are wearing #4 everyone knows you are not Brett Favre.
    Agreed 100%

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well said.

The best explanation/argument/whatever by far.

Quote Originally Posted by rundegrun
    The best explanation/argument/whatever by far.
    I agree.

What the Sgt cited that he had a problem with is actually a crime. Impersonating yourself as a member of the military, either retired, or active duty is a federal offense. If you wear medals you did not earn then claim you earned them, you will be doing federal time.

I agree. Just because a bum off the street wears a dress blue blou or trou or jacket doesn't mean we're gonna say "oh that guys trying to be a Marine". I kind of take it as a compliment if someone is wearing the jacket as a fashion statement, because it says something. It says that the Marines' uniform is clean-cut, glorious, and best of all--envied. I agree that if some yahoo comes on the cover of a magazine with a full dress blues uniform on I'll flip a lid and start taking names of who to give a royal chew-out to, but I don't see that happening anytime soon (and Lord help us if/when it does!!)

It does, however, show some courage/respect to the uniform that whoever this person was took the jacket off and then apologized for any disrespect. A lot of "diva's" out there would've been like "no.. this jacket's hot.. I'm not taking it off.. it's my right, blah blah blah.." So that is one bright-side scenario.

Thread Information