Marine Corps Dress Blues Jacket a fashion statement?
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Corps Dress Blues Jacket a fashion statement?

Tonight, I just got done excersising and went into our living room and my mom was watching this show called "So you think you can dance." I caught a glimpse of one of the judges, and she had a Dress Blues jacket on. She had a ranking on there (Lance Corporal) and it was at the wrist area. The jacket was unbuttoned with no Eagle Globe and Anchors on it. They had everyone dancing around with some kind of peace theme with their peace shirts on. Has anyone else seen this?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh yea, not there but I,ve seen the Dress Blues jacket on T.V. before being worn completely wrong. I've seen it with peace patches sewn on it and just making the jacket look bad. Watch MTV and stuff, they have stupid people wearing that jacket wrong every once in a while.

I didn't see this one but I've seen a lot of stuff like this and think it is pretty stupid.

I remember seeing Jay-Z wearing cammo with SFC(Army) stripes on it.

Yeah I saw it actually because the TV was on and she is going to get ripped for it. I don't think she was wearing a LCpl. insignia, but hashmarks near the wrist. However, she made a whole schpiel about how it didn't mean anything at the beginning and that she didn't mean to offend anyone and they talked about anti-war **** for awhile (I was watching the lyrics show before, but it caught my attention real quick). I think it was appalling and I think it warrants her being fired from that show, however it will not happen, and we shouldn't be talking about politics, but I regress

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    I don't think she was wearing a LCpl. insignia, but hashmarks near the wrist.
    Thanks for the correction, I just thought saw an insignia (I caught about half of her wrist and it changed scenes). She had it on for the beginning of the episode, and I came back to the TV towards the end of the show, and she didn't have it on anymore. I didn't catch the part where she said she didn't mean to offend anyone.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Haha, I saw that show and had the same thought but I didn't expect it to be posted here! Well I got back from my another IST yesterday and it was on. I think it just started about 10 min ago.. She had the LCpl. insignia on the wrist area when I saw it, and I was like what the.. LOL. I was like, 'She better have explained at the beginning of the show about that Dress Blues jacket and insignia, or else...' haha. So she did explain it, huh? I missed that part, but good that she explained it. I wasn't aware about later either, I didn't know she took it off.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jungholee90
    She had the LCpl. insignia on the wrist area when I saw it, and I was like what the.. LOL. I was like, 'She better have explained at the beginning of the show about that Dress Blues jacket and insignia, or else...' haha. So she did explain it, huh? I missed that part, but good that she explained it. I wasn't aware about later either, I didn't know she took it off.
    I guess she did have a LCpl. insignia on her wrist, I thought I was just seeing things...

Yeah, I've seen the Queens Bridge rapper Nas wear a Dress Blues jacket. Maybe it wasn't worn properly, but it's his freedom to do so.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, its not, why aren't you pi**ed, Marcus, It is not their right.That is Bull. Lotta blood represented there. Who the f**k are these non humans. Yea I'm Pi**ed. W.T.F. Over?

I'm with Sparkie here...it was open, not buttoned, not worn properly or by a person who rated it. I have respect and wouldn't dream of wearing the blues even properly. This was appalling and her firing should be demanded!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you Buggs,,, I'm trying to calm down.

I kind of even missed Marcus's post, which just fired me up. No one rates, nor deserves to wear that uniform let alone be a "right" (I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT IN THE CONSTITUTION!). They ****ing EARN it, through sweat and blood. Free speech or not, the disgrace shown by improperly wearing the uniform or if you do not deserve to is ****ing criminal. Wait until the first day you wear that uniform or the first time you personally know someone who has to be buried in that uniform and then tell me it is some g-thug rappers right to wear it!

I hope you guys didn't expect me to back down from my reply.

I do personally know people who have been buried in their uniforms. I grew up in a Navy family, in Navy towns around the world. My dad was in the Navy for 22 years, his father was in the Air Force, and his father in the Army. I have a great uncle who was killed by a Kamikaze in WWII, a great Uncle who had really bad PTS who was a Korean War Marine, my brother-in-law is a sailor, and an uncle who is a Commander in the Navy. In fact I have so many family members who have served/ are serving that I can't possibly list them all here. I personally, and my opinion has been shaped through my upbringing, believe that I will be serving to protect fellow Americans rights to be free in their own country. I may not agree with them, but if they aren't breaking the law then I'm not going to tell them what to do. That is the beauty of America, know one has the right to tell you what to do. There are no Hitlers or Mussolinis to tell you what to wear and what to think. Thats just my opinion and I respect all of yours.

Marcus it is like this FIRST EARN IT THEN YOU MAY WEAR IT. I guess it alright to BURN OUR FLAG as a freedom of speech.

I never said I condone the burning of flags. In fact I believe there was a Supreme Court ruling on flag burning, I don't remember what they ruled, but if it's law then it's law. Also, I don't think any of these "Dress Blues Jackets" were actually Dress Blues Jackets, they were just patterned, probably poorly, after Dress Blues Jackets.

Thread Information