All Poolees Shipping 20070730
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile All Poolees Shipping 20070730

We only have a few days left. What are your last words?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh, S**t? Just a guess ;]

I have mixed feelings and that is definately one of them.

Remember Marcus, you are attempting to become a lifetime member of a very exclusive group...the Marine Corps...so your Drill Instructors are there to weed out the non hackers or posers. They do a very good job of it.

Be strong mentally and realize they are trying to break you mentally, physcially, or both. Don't take if they are in your face personally, they are doing their job and trying to make sure only the best of the best are allowed to joing our exclusive little club.

Good luck and come back a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The best of the best of the best,,,,,, Heard that in a movie once, The DIs don't want to weed you. They want you to suceed. The weeds are weeded naturally. They don't have to work at it. Stop all the worry. If you have already jumped off the cliff,,,,, Just enjoy the ride. Posers and non hackers naturally come to the surface, DIs just stir the pot..... Right, Doc?

It seems everyones true colors come out eventually, you got that right Sparkie.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think you'll be suprised how few drop..... I held on outa sheer fear ;}

my last words... I have a lot of "lasts" over the past week, and firsts to go with that, i'm just living it up spending time with friends/family while I can, before I move onto bigger and better things

Same here. Spending time with my family. Hanging out with my friends. I think I read that Mike Co. picks up when we ship out. Is this true? Does anyone know what kind of reputation Mike Co. has?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I think you'll be suprised how few drop..... I held on outa sheer fear ;}
    Don't know about that one sparkie...we started with about 75 and graduated about 52 or so...thats a pretty big drop IMO.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I didn't know it was that easy to get out in the late 70s. can't recall loosin That many in 1969. maybe 10, but no more than that.

I will have to double check, as I'm going with numbers that I stored in my head while in bootcamp. We started with 75ish, give or take, and graduated 50ish, give or take.

To be honest I don't remember where most went or how then went, they were just gone. I remember the twins leaving, one cracked up and was crying in the shower, and is brother joined him. These were some big dudes too...don't think it was an act, but who knows.

I will look at my grad. book and count how many grad. and as for what we started with...well let me try and figure it out.

As for if it were easy I suppose its from who's viewpoint you're looking at it from.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Didn't really mean easy, just that the DIs didn't care about crybabies, they just pushed them harder. Was no sympathy for those wanting out. Of course, at that time, filling billets was a pretty high priority.

Off I go. Last thoughts? "Oh man, it's here already!" "This is going to be awesome." "I can do this. This is my one-and-only chance, so I'm going to go for it with 110% effort."

Yeah, that's basically mine.

See you guys around!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck to you.........................failure is not an option! See ya in 3 months.

Thread Information