Question Permision to come aboard?

I ask Permission to come aboard!

Desert Storm '90 - '91! - USMC - 1341 - 1371
    Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Engr1371

You are most definately Welcome Aboard Marine. It is always a pleaseure to see new Marines. Take a look around kick of your combatboots and grab a cold one. Stow your gear somewhere and sit a spell.

Semper Fi

Permission to come aboard

Welcome Devil Dog...now I'm back to the chat, cya over there Jawbreaker.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ENGR1371
    I ask Permission to come aboard!

Desert Storm '90 - '91! - USMC - 1341 - 1371
    Semper Fi!
    Welcome Harry, good to see another 1341. I was in well before your time, but we ate some of the same dust at Court House Bay!

Welcome also to jawbreakeraph1, always room for more Marines here!

Semper Fi

Welcome aboard Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    You are most definately Welcome Aboard Marine. It is always a pleaseure to see new Marines. Take a look around kick of your combatboots and grab a cold one. Stow your gear somewhere and sit a spell.

Semper Fi
    Thanks Gunny!
    I would love to kick my boots off, but I can't!
    Now then, I have a lot on my plate, Is it possible to have Delayed PTSD from Desert Storm? I have an appointment in 2 weeks w/the VA for PTSD? I only made an appt. after all these yrs. because of my buddy who is a Beruit Vet,(USMC) & says he sees it in me real bad! Nights are the worst! I thought that I was over all this, this bad boy has to rear it's ugly head again!
    I appreciate any additional info!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Welcome Aboard ENGR1371!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a term for certain severe psychological consequences of exposure to, or confrontation with, stressful events that the person experiences as highly traumatic.[1] Clinically, such events involve actual or threatened death, serious physical injury, or a threat to physical and/or psychological integrity, to a degree that usual psychological defenses are incapable of coping with the impact. It is occasionally called post-traumatic stress reaction to emphasize that it is a result of traumatic experience rather than a manifestation of a pre-existing psychological condition. The presence of a PTSD response is influenced by the intensity of the experience, its duration, and the individual person involved.
    It is possible for individuals to experience traumatic stress without manifesting Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, as indicated in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and also for people to experience traumatic situations and not develop PTSD. In fact, most people who experience traumatic events will not develop PTSD. For most people, the emotional effects of traumatic events tend to subside after several months. PTSD is thought to be primarily an anxiety disorder (possibly closely related to panic disorder) and should not be confused with normal grief and adjustment after traumatic events.
    PTSD may be triggered by an external factor or factors. Its symptoms can include the following: nightmares, flashbacks, emotional detachment or numbing of feelings (emotional self-mortification or dissociation), insomnia, avoidance of reminders and extreme distress when exposed to the reminders ("triggers"), loss of appetite, irritability, hypervigilance, memory loss (may appear as difficulty paying attention), excessive startle response, clinical depression, and anxiety. It is also possible for a person suffering from PTSD to exhibit one or more other comorbid psychiatric disorders; these disorders often include clinical depression (or bipolar disorder), general anxiety disorder, and a variety of addictions.
    Symptoms that appear within the first month of the trauma are called Acute stress disorder, not PTSD according to DSM-IV. If there is no improvement of symptoms after this period of time, PTSD is diagnosed. PTSD has three subforms: Acute PTSD subsides after a duration of three months. If the symptoms persist, the diagnosis is changed to chronic PTSD. The third subform is referred to as delayed onset PTSD which may occur months, years, or even decades after the event.

Welcome Aboard

Ellie

Thread Information