Parris Island 1973
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Parris Island 1973

I am looking for anyone who may have served with my husband. His ex-wife stole almost everything he had from the marines. Yearbook, ring, most of his photos.... everything except his dd 214 and 2 pictures. I would really love to find someone who went to boot camp with him. He suffered a cardiac arrest in April of this year. He died and was brought back to life. He has went through SOOOO much while he's trying to recover. I just want to find something to bring back some of his good memories (he loved boot camp.) Maybe it'll help him with his recovery. I dunno - just trying anything I can.

He was at Parris Island April 1973 - July 1973. He was in Platoon 333. That is about all I know without asking him - and I'd like it to be a surprise if I find someone. Thanks for all your help....

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Glen333
    I am looking for anyone who may have served with my husband. His ex-wife stole almost everything he had from the marines. Yearbook, ring, most of his photos.... everything except his dd 214 and 2 pictures. I would really love to find someone who went to boot camp with him. He suffered a cardiac arrest in April of this year. He died and was brought back to life. He has went through SOOOO much while he's trying to recover. I just want to find something to bring back some of his good memories (he loved boot camp.) Maybe it'll help him with his recovery. I dunno - just trying anything I can.

He was at Parris Island April 1973 - July 1973. He was in Platoon 333. That is about all I know without asking him - and I'd like it to be a surprise if I find someone. Thanks for all your help....

Laura
    sorry to hear about your husband's health issues. regarding the platoon book, etc., i suggest doing a routine search on ebay. i graduated in platoon 344, 16 sept 74, and i'm looking for my platoon book too. go to ebay and type "parris island" in the search field. you'll get several items including a few platoon books for sale. you can also try "marine yearbook" and other combinations. i'll keep an eye out for platoon 333. if you see platoon 344 please give me an ooh rah.

semper fi!
    waldo

For some reason I am having trouble inserting the web address in this post and the above.

Its together we served just do the www. thing and type in **************** and do the .com thing

Its the first time I couldn't type in a web address?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Would be good if you could post the name of one of his units, Another good chance of finding someone.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Glen333

Ma'am, sorry to hear about your husband's illness. He is a Marine and with hope and prayers will recover. When I saw your post I was hoping that I could help but, he was a couple of series ahead of me. The link to mcrdpi is www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/. I think there are links at the site to help you. There is a museum and what is called MCSS. When I visited PI lastweek I was told about MCSS that can get platoon books or atleast platoon pictures for $9.95, sorry I don't have the address.

Good luck in your search.

Tell your husband Semper Fi from a Gunny 3rd RTBn, "I" Company Platoon 3395.

Gunny, was your trip last the the first since bootcamp or have you been back prior? We went in June and are going back for a graduation in Aug.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

jetdoc

I went there last year also but I didn't spend as much time as I did this time. I wanted to stay longer but we needed to get back to Murrle's Inlet it was a three hour drive and ya know what PI is a HOT damn place...!!! I had been back once in 93. I still don't know my way around at PI very well. You know the story the bald head in front of you. I do remeber how to get back to third battalion, the rifle range and I have no idea how I knew this? The subliminal messages form the DIs still haunt us? There has been quite a bit of work done to the old place it almost looks livable now. I sure do wish I could have helped this Marine out some how.

Semper Fi

Gunny, that thing you said about not knowing how you knew the way to 3rd Battalion is EXACTLY what I experienced. The very first place we stopped was 3rd battalion and I have no idea or why I pulled in there. In fact we were there almost 29 years to the day, from when I first stepped foot there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

jetdoc

It is something about PI that never leaves you. I have spoken with other Marines they are the same way???? I hope this young lady gets her answer I haven't seen her back on since she posted???

Semper Fi

Wow... Thank you everyone. I had no idea people would reply so quickly, so I didn't bother checking back until now. I really appreciate everything. GySgt E B Reagle, I will go now and try that link. My husband said to tell you, "Keeping it Always Faithful here at home." He also wants to know if you knew a Senior Drill Instructor named SSgt. Martens or Assistant Drill Instructors Sgt Beaver, Sgt Ingram, Sgt Mawherter, or Sgt. Vaught.

By the way... if it helps any... his name is Glen Walden.

He wants to know where your duty stations were.

As far as his units he said Camp Pendelton Infantry School
    Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station in Hawaii
    and of Course Boot Camp was Parris Island.

My husband is the only Marine I've ever talked to that says he LOVED boot camp.

Last sentence...spoken like a true Marine...I love it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He will never be alone or lost on this website. Of course we responded. We never leave a Marine behind. Brothers mean much to us.
    By the way, we all loved boot, It made us Marines. Semper Fi Bro.

Jarheadwaldo,
    My husband was called by the same name for a long while because of his last name being Walden - just wanted to share that with you. And I will keep an eye out for the one you're looking for. I've seen a few that were from the same time period of your boot camp, but I will start looking for your platoon number also. Thanks again - I appreciate everything from all of you

Thanks Sparkie - it means a lot.

Thread Information