Quick ?
Create Post

Thread: Quick ?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Quick ?

"I've got a quick question..........?"
    • Why did this mindless preface, "quick question," come about?
    • Notice how long the answer takes, for a "quick question......" typically, several minutes transpire.
    • Make a mental note to start looking at the second sweep hand on a clock, every time someone asks; "I've got a quick question."
    • Notice how often in talk radio, callers ask the host; "I've got a quick question." Answers are not quick......and many times, neither are the questions......
    • Why not ask instead, "for a quick answer?"
    • Call your attorney, and say; "I've got a quick question," ask it, then get your snooze bar ready for a 10 to 15 minute answer and a 1/4 hour billing charge.
    Please, no "quick" answers.........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHA! Good Morning Phantom!

well, this is simply because the human mind can't think unless the mouth (or in our case the fingers) are engaged in use. If Mankind could develop the ability to think without speech or typing, we would be able to quickly think of what we really needed to say to others and then have the "quick" answer returned to them...but as we have to talk and think, at the same time, we tend to ramble on and on...until that is something either stops us, kills us, or we arrive at the answer that we so painstakingly beat around the bush to find in our vast space we call thought. Now, on the other hand, penguins have developed a highly acute ability to think BEFORE speaking, yes, penguins. Those funny tuxeudo clad chaps from the south pole that are the stars of the movie Happy Feet, they are some thinkers and some "Quick" answer people.

I do hope that this was helpful to you in trying to understand that the concept of a "Quick Question" and "Quick Answer" are nothing more than an oversight by nature in developing the modern man.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    Now, on the other hand, penguins have developed a highly acute ability to think BEFORE speaking, yes, penguins. Those funny tuxeudo clad chaps from the south pole that are the stars of the movie Happy Feet, they are some thinkers and some "Quick" answer people.
    You have got waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    You have got waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.
    yep...I'm at work, and a bored Marine at work can find all types of things to do.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah I know what you mean.................After about 7 months in Iwakuni I was ready to go too. I remember times being drunk as a skunk on the seawall waving at those little one manned fishing boats asking if them things could make it to the States. I kissed the concrete at LAX when I got back and haven't felt the need nor inclination to leave this country since.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    but as we have to talk and think, at the same time
    Sort of like the walking and chewing bubble gum theory.

Thread Information