WWII Shadow Box
Create Post

Thread: WWII Shadow Box

WWII Shadow Box

I could use some advice from you all on a project. My grandpa has asked me to find duplicates of all of his medals. His other grandson had placed them in a shadow box years ago but he would like to give the originals to his son's side of the family instead of his daughters.

Here's a picture of the shadow box. I've found the Private First Class chevron, and most of the ribbons and victory medal from the Department of the Navy, as well as the Eagle Globe and Anchor. I can also make a copy of the ID card.

What I can't seem to find is the weapons qualifications or the dog tags from that era. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Shadow Box.jpg‎
Views:	412
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	4731  

You can get the modern shooting badges and whatnot all online or wherever, but finding replica's of ones from that era are going to be difficult. I'd contact your like Marine Corps League detachment.

You can get shooting badges and the weapons qualification badge from guns shows. The problem will be getting those WW-II dog tags imprinted with his information. Here's what I recommend. Contact the USMC Historical Company. They are a group that preserve the history of WW-II era Marine by wearing uniforms and performing reenactments. Their website is: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/2268/

Okay thanks. I've been checking online and called the local recruiter but no luck so far. I'll check this site out.

Thanks for the help! I was able to get most of what was needed.

It also seems that the last relative to mess with them was told to add a ribbon that was not truly earned, by the army-navy store. There was also a duplicate.

I've got it back the way it should be, and I am putting the originals back on the uniform as close as I can understand the regulations.

Thread Information