Vietnam Traveling Wall
Create Post

Vietnam Traveling Wall

My hometown of Pickerington, Ohio hosts the Traveling Wall yesterday through Sunday at the David Allen Johnaston Memorial Amerocan Legon Post. Dave and I Grew up together and he was killed in action while I was recovering from my wounds. I'll be taking a binch of local Vets to the Wall this evening to once again pay my tributes to Dave and all other fallen brothers. If you live near Columbus Ohii and would like to see this wall. let me know for specific directions.

Semper Fi!

The Traveling Wall is the best thing that's out there for vets that can't travel to DC....
    I have seen both,The Wall in DC was my first,a few years ago and not to long ago the Traveling Wall here in Myrtle Beach,SC....Went away from both with a heavy heart and while I walked both Walls my eyes got a little wet....
    SEMPER FI.............................Ed

I don't know many, if any, vets who can visit the wall without walking away with wet eyes. I have also seen both but the DC memorial forced me to just be with my memories for a while. Even the majority of the kids who visited while I was there were quiet and respectful. I saw many vets visit, track down their buddies names, visit for a while, and leave some token behind. Boots, chevrons, medals, wings, and other things.
    It was a moving experience but not something I could do often.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    My hometown of Pickerington, Ohio hosts the Traveling Wall yesterday through Sunday at the David Allen Johnaston Memorial Amerocan Legon Post. Dave and I Grew up together and he was killed in action while I was recovering from my wounds. I'll be taking a binch of local Vets to the Wall this evening to once again pay my tributes to Dave and all other fallen brothers. If you live near Columbus Ohii and would like to see this wall. let me know for specific directions.

Semper Fi!
    I took my girls to see the traveling wall. It was moving for me to see the cards, flowers, notes and drawings left at the wall. I absolutely loved the photos/pics they have out on the lawn with the wall. Everyone in attendance was respectful. It's a must see if you live in Ohio to see this monument. The first time I saw the actual wall in Washington, I was only in the sixth grade and it didn't have quite the impact that it has on me now. I was going into Pickerington on the day the memorial was brought in. It was very moving for me and brought tears to my eyes to see the veterans along side of the road watching it pass by. A flag being flown at half mast, flags, poster cards being held. The whole drive down Hill Rd. gave me goosebumps.

Thumbs up Nice to know !

Helped my sister , whose husband was a member of the American Legion , when he was alive , put up posters of getting it to come to my town of where I went to high school and lived close to .
    I've seen it once while it was 45 miles away .

Thread Information