An MOS In Need
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An MOS In Need

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

An MOS In Need

Hi, I have another question for you men and women. I've been looking into various MOS's and I was wondering, which is, or do you think, the most needed or understaffed MOS in the Corps?

Not a good way to pick a MOS. Find something that you believe you would like to do for the duration of your enlistment. Don't do something just because that is what the Marine Corps is currently short of. If you want to do that just go open contract. By the time you actually hit the fleet what was short when you DEPed in could now be over manned. You just never know.

Credits
    Savings
    That's a good point...I'd definitely like to help out, but I wouldn't want to be miserable. I'm pretty good all around. A good speaker, math, imagery, problem solving, computers, mechanics, comprehension overall..language.

My major right now is Computer Science, but I've independently studied German, Spanish, developmental psychology and philosophy, mind/brain philosophy, mathematics, etc. So...I mean...I guess I need to take the ASVAB again. Will they let me do that?

We didn't get to pick our MOS when i was in. The Corps picked it for you based on how you tested out in boot camp! In my day the most needed were combat MOS positions! Once you have completed boot camp I think you will have a better idea of what you are capable of doing for the Corps.

The Marines can always use another 0311

Honestly 0811 are always in high demand, just because we do everything, and I mean everything.
    ( by the way 0811 is artillery)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt tony
    The Marines can always use another 0311
    The heart and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by jetty0811
    Honestly 0811 are always in high demand, just because we do everything, and I mean everything.
    ( by the way 0811 is artillery)
    Oohrah. King of the Battle.

ordnance is too, they have been recalling lots of 6531/41's from IRR

Credits
    Savings
    But aren't you, first and foremost, 0311?

well i wouldnt go that far everyone is a rifleman but not everyone is trained as well as an 0311 would be trained.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by whitt009
    But aren't you, first and foremost, 0311?
    A rifleman is the lowest billet in the 0311 field. Everyone has the training needed to go to an infantry team, and learn to be an infantryman.

well ive seen some bad rifleman. we had these two girls who would UNQ everytime at the range and start crying and crying and crying i mean i had one of them on the target next to me while i was in the pits and that twat didnt shoot her target shot the target i was pulling we kept getting extra shots on it.. HAHA

so this is why i said what i said

Come on, we all know that the most needed MOS is a pretty cool job- in-flight missile repairman. (MOS is 1369 I believe)

Thread Information