I have to do it!
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I have to do it!

I've sat here for as long as this forum has been up and have looked at that "0" and the word "NEVER" for as long as I can. I'm being a Mom to some of you younger ones right now, so suck it up and keep reading. And, I DON'T want any back talk!

I KNOW we have a few young pups running around here that were here before they were Marines and HAVE been back since. I CANNOT believe that there is not one single Marine, that you clicked with here on this site, that you wouldn't want to let the rest of the newbies coming onboard know about. I'm not asking for myself, I don't feel like I do anything special to help anybody's cause but, there are some guys on here that I KNOW have gone all out for your cause and NOT 1 "thank you".

None of these men in here NEEDED to help anybody - they don't gain anything from it - hell, you didn't even come from THEIR groins (well, some may be questionable) but they went above and beyond to help you achieve YOUR goal of becoming a Marine and there is usually one doing it 24/7!

So c'mon new Devil Dogs - thank an old(er) Devil Dog for blazing a trail for YOU! Thank one for being a part of making YOU a

United States Marine!
    Carry on...............

I think I know where you are coming from with this post Marine84 but I don't think any of us helped any of the poolees become a Marine. They did that all on their own. Advise given but that's about it. I am also sure that a lot that do make it through boot camp and come back to this forum are not in the thanking mood. I have been on this forum a few years but not on it enough to keep tract of those that came back. However, I do remember one by the name of Seeley and he did appreciate the advise given to him by some of the Marines on this board. I know he got wounded in Iraq and the last I heard he was thinking about gettin out of the Corps. Anyone know what became of him?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I assited

Riley McIntyre he is in Platoon 1062 Bravo Company 1st RTBn. He needed a waiver and his dad had asked over a year ago. I rogered up and well, he will graduate he has just gotten finished with the rifle range and I may get to meet him. I am going on vacation to South Carolina on Friday. On the 16th I am going to Parris Island to look around some and maybe meet my recruit. It is also going to be my birthday on the 16th.

Semper Fi

Don't thank me, thank your recruiter, new meat.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I see where your coming from Marine84, I have written to dozens of recruits that I met on this site. I never ask for a reply from them, I send them motivation mail only, as I do not know them or thier interests, I only know that they deserve Mail from someone, I try to provide it for them. They only have to PM me for my address before they ship, write me one letter or post card, than I add them to my mailing list. One letter every week until they graduate.

I always welcome any letters they do write as I enjoy reading how they are doing, the change in thier attitudes, the way they change into Marines in every letter! Yea , I enjoy it but I know that once they are Marines, I am not that important, so I concentrate on the next batch of recruits.

We all know that these poolees are our future! They are the life of our beloved Corps! Without them-----WE ALL DIE! So if you can help a poolee/wannabe, give it your all! Help these guys/gals, they deserve it and one day they will be the ones helping keep the torch burning for the Corps!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dave i think when i enlist and before i ship out ill do that..

Even though i say thank you to anyone that helps me ill say it again Thank You!

And ill say it for everyone you have helped out that hasnt said it because those answers you gave them made them more knowledgable for what there going to be going up against. Atleast it has with me.
    So Thank you again!

Thats what this thread is for isn't it? And yet no former poolee's come on here when they earn the title and give their thanks. I know I'll be coming back on here and giving my thanks to a few certain people who have helped me, and everyone else on here right in this thread. You have my word.

Other former poolee's, or poolee's whos ship dates are soon, I suggest you do the same, because I've learned a lot on this site and met some really cool people, and I KNOW you have too.

Notice to all poolees. You may also PM myself as well. I like davblay's attitude and decision to do that, and i have to admit, it motivates me to jump on the band wagon with him. Any Marines that feel like they need some extra motivation, let me know and i'll join davblay in the moto letters! You have no idea what a letter of encouragment can do for you while your there! Hearing your name at mail call can sometimes be just the push you need to keep on hard charging. Semper Fi Pups.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hope that I never see on this site an attempt to shame a recruit by a recruiter, a drill instructor, a swim instructor, a range coach, a PMI. I hope I never see on this site a fire team leader, Squad leader, platoon Sergeant or platoon commander shaming a young pvt. on this site into some sort of thank-you. Yea you helped and your letters probably helped too. You want some kind of freaking medal?

Thread Information