Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    And for those not in the know, the Domino's aboard Camp Lejeune makes more pizzas per day than any other in the world!

Food for thought...

Now, where's my pizza, Eleanor?

Don't bend over too far tonight Marky

Ellie

Thumbs up Henoko

Camp Henoko, only a company of the Corps finest Ammo Techs. Wasn't much to look at, but we kept the place spotless.
    Had a chow Hall that had the best chow north of Kadena.
    Barracks sucked, leaked water, had partitions, not rooms, no AC, heat was minimal in the winter.
    Club was 30 x 30, sticky floor, had a weird damn odor all the time, kinda like Formula 409 and stale beer.
    Hated it? Naw.....

Hong Kong!

Last edited by thedrifter; 12-24-06 at 03:06 PM.

Okinawa was one of my favorite spots for liberty.As someone said earlier that if you had a liscence that you could go anywhere on the island and have fun. A couple of buddies and I would rent a car every payday and go to Kadena and down to to Koza Street and then other times I would rent one and go into the northern part of the island and was able to see the people in a different point of view. I was also the section driver for my company and spent many a day just going all over the island picking up different things for my Lt. who would just ride looking for things to send back home. Kin vill was a good place just for liberty every night and the food was good . I have pictures of the girl band that was mentioned in one of the earlier post. They were pretty good and looked good also ,or maybe that was the Orion beer looking at them.

don;t forget oceanside,ca. down on whisper alley,in the80,s

Credits
    Savings
    Iwakuni, Japan at Charlie Browns. The bar was owned by a Marine who stayed when his enlistment was up. He definitely knew how to take care of us!!! Oh, the rainbows I quaffed there. Fun times.

I'd have to pick PI as number one. Olongapo for the beer, broads, and music. I remember one band, the Frictions (an ensemble of musicians) that could play pretty much any rock song (i'd suppose country music as well) out at the time. Martial Law was a pain but as others have mentioned, the delicious pandesol scent and taste (freshly baked bread) made the walk down Magsaysay and across **** River a bit more pleasant. On base, the Sky Club was pretty nice too. San Miguel is still a pretty solid beer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THE WHITE ELEPHANT,HUE CITY;RVN!BEAU~COU~BOOM~BOOM,ALL NITE LONG~RND.EYE TOO!!! SEMPER~BOOM~BOOM

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I really liked Okinawa before the Japanese got it back. I was there on May 15, 1972 when it was transferred over. On May 19, 1972 I was in Vietnam. Oh well.

I still liked Okinawa my second time there in 1974-75.

Bangkok, Thailand was a lot of fun too during my Vietnam R&R in 1972.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by taman8tor
    I'd have to pick PI as number one. Olongapo for the beer, broads, and music. I remember one band, the Frictions (an ensemble of musicians) that could play pretty much any rock song (i'd suppose country music as well) out at the time. Martial Law was a pain but as others have mentioned, the delicious pandesol scent and taste (freshly baked bread) made the walk down Magsaysay and across **** River a bit more pleasant. On base, the Sky Club was pretty nice too. San Miguel is still a pretty solid beer.
    If you pay attention when watchin full metal jacket you will recognize the square in Olongapo City ..... they replaced the statue with a traffic cop for the movie but there is no doubt and every time I see it could almost give a guided tour. Right about on the corner where the guy gets his camera stolen was some of the best food a fellar could buy anywhere and they might throw in a free Red Horse if you gave the bottle back.

I think my favorite liberty port had to be Perth Austrailia ..... when that big ole boat pulled in; the docks were lined with girls holding up signs that said "WE LOVE YOU U.S. MARINES". Wooo Hoo. Yup it was cool for sure.

The Rose & Crown Pub- King's Alley, Waikiki, Hawaii. Many a fond memory there. Also was known to view the ladies at the "Hubba Hubba Club" on Hotel St. in Honolulu, from time to time.
    drumcorpssnare

If you have evr been to the Med, Lisbon Portugal is a great port until they ask you to leave for starting a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave
    Palma de Mallorca, Spain was GREAT!! I sent 21 days there Christmas and New Years of 85 going into 86. I don't remember everything about every night, but I know I had a blast.
    Super Dave -- Amen to that. I was on a Med float pump with the 24th MEU 91 going into 92. The CO of the Inchon was a "liberty hound" and Palma was one of our first stops. We spent about 2.5 weeks there.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Mine was location over port of call.

After the missile crisis of '62 cooled down, my artillery battery was dug in by the beach behind Mainside Guantanamo. Even though it was in the field instead of garrison, I really enjoyed snorkeling and spear-fishing in our own private unspoiled Caribbean cove. (bought equipment Gitmo P-X)

No women just a hundred or so Bare Ass Marines at the beach having the time of our life 24/7 on the tax-payers dime and getting paid for it ! Eventually took up Scuba Diving and would love to go back to Cuba diving.

SF
    10thzodiac

Thread Information