Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Any port in a storm! As long as there are Marine Bro's to get into trouble with
    COuple Olongopo honies be good too...CHECK YOUR SHOT CARDS HEHEHE

Another good one was Bali...the Sari Club before it blown up.

you said it outlaw, Phucket & Bali - loved them both, but Townsville, Aus. was the best that little island just off the coast

lol...I read your post and I thought to myself ..."this guys sounds like he was with 2/1 " lol....nice seeing you again man .

remember that bar fight in U.A.E. cleared out the whloe E club, that one was crazy!

lol..."The Proffesionals"

Quote Originally Posted by garryh123
    Hell!!!! I got stuck in MCAS Yuma Arizona the for most of the time I was in. Wasn't able to transfer out. the most exotic I got was the 2 months I spent in MCAS El Toro!
    Yuma was good for a hot assed desert, snow bird town. That was one of my many liberty places, it doesnt rank with the far east or the med but its good for the US of A. I was probably there when you were, back than it was mostly US citizens and the drinking age was 19, of course you could drink with a green AFID card anywhere on base. Yuma was a hidden secret back than to the FMF, except for the Airwing, they tore that place apart when they came in for WTI. The bars were friendly to us, especially the woman, I know because I knew enough of them, cant remember there names anymore but I can sure remember the experience. A couple clubs were the Back Room and Saddle club, which was 3 bars in one. (country, hair band rock, and a pool room for losers). Then there was "Johnny's Other Place", I am very fond of because I dated all the female staff, there was another one which was torn down in early 1982 right outside the gate, it was a pick up, with college girls from AWC. It had drown night, $5.00 dollar high night, and down for double night. This was an alcoholics dream back than and a nightmare for M.A.A.D. Of course these are all outlawed now. If anyone can remember the name of that bar I would be grateful. The F-4s and A-4s used to **** it up when they flew over it so the Marine Corps and the City agreed to tear it down and re-zone the flight path. And I cant close this without mentioning the most famous bar or ****hole in Yuma, "Reds Place" in Winterhaven Cali, just across the bridge in Cali, it was a ****hole, **** in the sink, etc.. but it didnt close until 0200 AM and Yuma closed at 0100, and with daylight savings and Arizona not changing at all, it was another 2 hours of getting wasted. And the woman who showed up there were ready to do whatever. It was just one story I had to share. There are many more stories and libo ports that I could about, but I would probably go to jail.

Life has been good as long as I am a MARINE>

TKMAC58

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    Sydney Australia and Naples, when I went to Naples there was an 83 year old special Lady. Who used to greet the American ships, and Men as they came a shore, In Italy, The taxi drivers were crazy, traveling arround as fast as they could go, and squeeze in between bridges, other cars, and trucks, with very little room, and make with any damage to their cars, but not to me.

TKMAC58
    Your in my stomping grounds
    My ex son inlaw works for Freightliner Trucks on north Broadway and My brother inlaw Clayton Fairchilds he and his wife LillyBelle have a bar or card room what ever you want to call it in Winterhaven Calif, called Coles Cornor they ve been there for about thirty years.
    and you have probaly been to my brothers place there in wichita
    MY My what a small world

Semper Fi

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer
    TKMAC58
    Your in my stomping grounds
    My ex son inlaw works for Freightliner Trucks on north Broadway and My brother inlaw Clayton Fairchilds he and his wife LillyBelle have a bar or card room what ever you want to call it in Winterhaven Calif, called Coles Cornor they ve been there for about thirty years.
    and you have probaly been to my brothers place there in wichita
    MY My what a small world

Semper Fi

Ed
    Ed

Good to hear from you, Freightliner on Broadway is shut down, we consolidated it with our West Street location. Whats his name? I been with them for 10 months since I retired from the Corps. What did you say the name of the card room was. I dont get around as much as I used to but I am sure I have been there or know of it.

TKMAC58

The card room was Coles Cornor thats the name.
    Son inlaw is J D
    Welcome to Wichita

Peepaw

Best Liberty was the Med. Made a Med Cruise in 72 and each port was a blast. Barcelona Spain was supper

Liberty

Brother you said a mouthful. Sgt. Rock and I were both there with "M" Co 31st MAU in 75. We both rubbed shoulders and did not even know about until we hooked up here. Definitely great around 2355 on Magsaysay Drive. Remember the big ovens with fresh Pan de sal? The filipinas on the other side selling their monkey on a stick. Those who were at Camp Hansen perhaps may remember some gal band coming to Kinville. well they were from one of the Western Clubs in Olongapo, I believe #2. This was the one near Bajac-Bajac or the Sierra Club. Man, great times and memories! For me PI was the best. The wife and I are still traveling but I am not young anymore and we are on another mission. Take care Devil Dogs!
    SEMPER FIDELIS!
    ben

Quote Originally Posted by Subic76
    WHAT. I read all three pages and nobody mentioned 29 Palms?

Just kidding. I'm kidding, stop throwing stuff at me.

This is a very good thread. I wanted to bump it.

So my vote of course is Subic Bay. I was "A" Co. Marine Bks. for 15 months ending Jan 77.

Subic

For me, 4400 Dauphine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana circa 1984-87.

Credits
    Savings
    The "Rock", '63-65 , I liked it so much I extended my 4 year hitch 9 more months for another 13 months there. Anywhere in Japan!

I liked it there so much, as a civilian I've been back there more times than I can remember.

Just came back from Japan May 1st; 26 days Japan, 4 days Beijing, PRC. Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Kagoshima, Tokunoshima, Okinawa: 4 corners, BC Street Koza (now Okinawa City), Naha, Futenma and Jagaru.

Next year back to Gotenba City (Mt. Fuji) then off to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Also like the Japanese Alps (skiing) Mt. Tatayama

Japan is expensive now, it's not for the faint of heart, $250 for a taxi between the two airports in Tokyo, an extra large *Dominoes Pizza one topping $30.

*For those of you who do not know, a former Marine started Dominoes Pizza

Thread Information