Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Okinawa can't remember the name of the restaurant outside of Camp Hansen. But it had the best kobe steak. And outside of Futuma was the Mongolian BBQ and then go down to the Surfcomber for a steam bath and beer.

Well, I never had the pleasure of going on liberty from a troop ship, but did enjoy liberty in several other places.

Swooping to D.C. from Lejeune, was fun. I only did it once, but it was awesome seeing the nation's capital for the first time. Also, it was my first visit to the Iwo Jima Memorial. I was blown away!

The bars and cat houses in Da Nang were off limits, and big trouble if you got caught anyhere near one. However, the "steam and cream" massage parlor, on a small Army base off Hwy 1, just up from Marble Mountain was fun. 101st had a good one in Phu Bai, too.

Never forget R&R in Bangkok. Patpong Street, and the beautiful Thai girls... mmm mmm good.

On Okinawa, I enjoyed going into Henoko. Kinn Ville, was also fun. I often had a Kobe steak in that restaurant just across the street from the gate at Camp Hansen, too. Also, liked going into Naha with my little nesan girlfriends. Nago was fun, too, if you wanted to get a more authentic Japanese experience.

If you were fortunate enough to be stationed at MCRD San Diego (not as a boot, of course), Tijuana was always great for good old fashioned debauchery.

The absolute worst place for liberty was J-ville.

Ah... Them was they days.

SF

Palma De Mallorca, Spain....
    21 days of fun and sun...

Registered User Free Member hack4398's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hands down--Phillipines No sleep lots of libo and we were there with a small detachment...the senior Marine was a Captain so we were livin large.

Man PI was all that.

Registered User Free Member locobrujo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Malaga, Spain

panama City Panama and Kingston jamaica Then Iwakuni japan

P.I., Hong Kong and then Okinawa then T.J.

1. Hong Kong 2. Perth, Australia 3. PI 4. Osan, Korea

Thailand was the best for R& R, lots of women , booze and other fun stuf at the time. I remember it being alomost like being back in the "World"

Bangkok - aptly named.

To me there was never a place like Olongapo, I lved it there, damm shame times and places change, never be like it was back in 60's and early 70's

FREEBIRD

hmmmm that's a toughie. PI was great, but at times so was agana guam. Heck, I had fun EVERYWHERE I went in the Corps. Guess i'd have to Go with PI though. After all, what you can get for a bag of M&M's and a beer! WHOO!

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Agana, Guam. Wow, oh wow. Loved that place. I especially was fond of hotel row. Lots of off nights partying there. Never made it to Olongopo. C130 lost an engine, so they decided three was not enough. Missed a Bangkok trip, to. Same reason, I believe. I had a fiance from Guam. Did not work out though.

Phuket, Phuket , Phuket ......

wow! I miss that place and that loveley little girl.......

An old one but a good one...

I think this needs a BUMP>>>

Ellie

Thread Information