Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Isabella Segunda on Vieques, San Juan

Registered User Free Member Roberto T. Cast's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Let see, Manila, Sidney Australia, (Kowloon Hong Kong - Twice). This were my destination of my R&Rs from Nam.

I say the best times of yesteryears were Sidney and Kowloon.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Talking

T's Tavern AGO AGO"S

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey! I know that girl!

LOL

Yeah, I remember T's Tavern... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The question in who DIDN'T know her!!

Credits
    Savings
    Hey... you're talkin about my #1 girl! She's a nice girl... LOL

Loved this PI conversation...

Marine 1: Hey, have you seen my girlfriend?

Marine 2: Dunno, what's she look like?

Marine 1: Ohhh, 'bout this tall, dark hair, brown eyes and dark complexion...

hehehehehehe

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    There was a taco stand right next door, Via's taco's. numm numm. Favorite monkey meat stand right outside the gate to the right can't remember the name of it. Old gal made the best Chicken legs in town. Night on the town Itenerary was to stop get 2 chicken legs, go to 168 order fried rice and a pitcher of mojo. got to T's for a while and chill, off to Rolling Stone's party hard, stagger back to Via's for a midnight snack. Load up got to Subic City to 3 holers, or the sweet sixteen, for massive orgies then to two wheelers to ride Richies Harley's till the Sun came up. Total amount of cash spent 20 bucks .
    He had a '72 Flathead that was imacullant I loved that bike!!

Clicking heels together three times, I wanna go home, I wanna go home!!

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Do What ???

" Night on the town Itenerary was to stop get 2 chicken legs, go to 168 order fried rice and a pitcher of mojo. got to T's for a while and chill, off to Rolling Stone's party hard, stagger back to Via's for a midnight snack. Load up got to Subic City to 3 holers, or the sweet sixteen, for massive orgies then to two wheelers to ride Richies Harley's till the Sun came up. "

Marshal law was in effect in 76/77. HAD to be off the streets by 2400, couldn't get back out till 0400. Hit the bars, drink 'San Miguel' till your bladder bursts Head to 'your girls' house, crash, she comes home from the bar and wears you out for awhile, you grab a few more Z's till the 'Jeep-nes' fire back up at 0400. Grab a ride back to the gate, Bus to base area, and in the rack in time for revelee.

Spend about $10, plus 30 or 40 for the MONTH, to keep your girl 'faithfull'..... at least till tomorrow

Ohhhhh.... the life of a 'young buck', with Lib-O and a pocket full of green backs.

No money.... No honey

Credits
    Savings
    I hear ya there, mrbsox.. I'd hit the bar, get drunk - my "girl" would give me the keys to her place, I'd take a nap from about 2300-0100, she'd show up... then give me a wake up. Needed them "power naps" at work all day so I could keep up with the libo!

Had another time, woke up in Subic - no ID and the jeepnes were known for not picking us up - I got lucky, one spot on a jeepne full of baskets of fish - and me with a hang over. That was not a fun ride. Showed up to the front gate and the guys says "hey, you look familiar" - I was puzzled until he showed me my ID card and said "look like anyone you know?" Did I ever get lucky that day! Was late for work (we had just arrived the night before) until a Lt came by and grabbed me up saying I needed to check in (the gunny had already checked us all in). When the gunny questioned me I told him, "How could I refuse a Lt who just told me to follow him?" hehehehe Got lucky two times in one day.

That's right - No money, no honey...
    but dont forget...
    I lub you no sh.t, buy your own pucking drink!

LOL

bumping for the new folks........

SF

Roger

GSO
    Don't get me started or my message will look like one of those magaword "info-posts", with three or four pages of stuff. I never got to the Phillipines, or Australia, or Cambodia, or even Tijuana. I guess I have to ship over to hit those ports.

The White Palace hotel st. the Point After. The Bare foot bar. The Attic. The Outrigger. Hawaii . Krazy Kats. cannes france. Red Banjo. Italy. While some of you were at Hawaii did you drink Primo beer. I had some Atlas Beer at Ft Sherman. Panama. And last The Beer Garden at Freedon Hill. and you know where this is...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Give me good ole London, Piccadelly Circus.... exchange rates a ***** but the women are beautiful and their are plenty of American women that are trying to party just as hard as you... never had a lonely night in London...

*Honolulu, Hawaii: my first liberty port while aboard a troop transport going to Okinawa. Too expensive, but the scenery was magnificent. Nice landscape too.
    *Any part of Okinawa: Honest folks, even when they were trying to gyp you. Not truly Japanese, as anyone on the four "home islands" would tell you. (snobs!)
    *Taipei, Taiwan: my only R&R port. Big city living, with great night life, and beautiful women. I heard a songstress at a club, whose voice was softer, yet clearer than a bird in springtime. I didn't understand a word (Chinese), but was captivated by her tonal control. She didn't have to yell in order to "sing".
    *Da Nang, RVN: lots of little boom-boom houses. The one drawback was caution necessary to keep from being surprised by unfriendly forces. Also the highest medical risk of all liberty spots I visited. Only place I got something the hospital corpsman had to be told about.

I was at other locations, like Guam, but not on Liberty, so they don't count.

Thread Information